• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ohlins shocks

Widrig

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 VK Pro II
Does anyone have experience with Ohlins shocks on a VK? I see they offer a rear shock for the VK for models up to 2015. Do you think it would fit on a 2016 VK Pro II?

Thanks!

did you check and see if they are the same part # on a yamaha fiche? otherwise i would compare rail part # and mounting points to see if it would work.

did you check and see if they are the same part # on a yamaha fiche? otherwise i would compare rail part # and mounting points to see if it would work.
Copy that, I checked and unfortunately both the centre and rear shock part #'s change between 2015 and 2016.

I contacted Ohlins Canada to see if they could fabricate something that fits; shall see.

it could be you could use a nitro xtx/apex xtx shock as the picture blow up looks the same to me. the relay rods that run beside the shock are used on the rs venture from 2009-2022 witch most likely has a rebuildable shock as yamaha tends to give the work sleds hydraulic non rebuildable shocks that will work.

i have to do look ups weird ways for sled shocks on old sleds as there is something else that will work but dealer is not willing to do the work to find it for me.

it could be you could use a nitro xtx/apex xtx shock as the picture blow up looks the same to me. the relay rods that run beside the shock are used on the rs venture from 2009-2022 witch most likely has a rebuildable shock as yamaha tends to give the work sleds hydraulic non rebuildable shocks that will work.

i have to do look ups weird ways for sled shocks on old sleds as there is something else that will work but dealer is not willing to do the work to find it for me.
Copy copy.

Ohlins Canada (Fast Company Suspension) replied that they do not get any snowmobile items; "As far as I'm aware no one is importing it into North America". I contacted the parent company in Sweden as well but no reply as of yet.

Last edited:

Back