• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Change in 2016 Phazer

Mista Mota

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Phazer M-TX
I'm finally due for an oil change for my phaser max.
I've bought the filter and the oil and also chain case oil.
I've also been searching there many of the forums here and searched on the web nobody from what I can find can actually tell me how difficult and where to find the oil filter for the sled... one you tube video I found shows its on the bottom of the engine but he also has the engine out of the sled so finding an access point it next to nowhere.
is there a how or manual that somebody has that they can share??

many thanks
J

You have to remove the airbox. The filter is on the front of the engine, towards the left side. I use the 5GH oil filter as it is easier to get onto, but it must be brought in from the bottom, just in front of the clutch.

Ya, print out the directions in the sticky here and have at it. It's very time consuming the first time. After that it's a few beer job. You do need to take off most of the plastic on the front end including the airbox.

well thanks for all the help. I'll see how it goes. I'm not going to have time until next week to do it.. also as a side note none of the links that Thor452 referred to worked as they are all dated 2008 so I'm still without any diagram of any sort

I've seen that thread, so Biffdotorg if you have access to the service manual how come you don't share it? would't that make way more sense for a "sticky" to have the actual info available?
but in the 5+ pages that s there, its hardly informative to where the oil filter is and why exactly you need to take apart roughly half of the front end. he doesn't even tell you how much oil to add or even where to add the oil. that sticky should be deleted as it has nothing of actual interest.

You are correct. Service manuals should be a sticky and that’s why they are. Lots of great info.

It’s probably the best bonus of VIP membership and cheaper than buying the manual at your dealer!!

In the how to section on here were the directions I printed when I did my first in 2007. They had better pics than the service manual too

You are correct. Service manuals should be a sticky and that’s why they are. Lots of great info.

they why don't you post them? isn't the whole point of a forum is to help each other??

most forum's have a very low cost to operate. you asking for money for the help the forums are expected to deliver make you no different then the dealers that you claim to be better than.

most forum's have a very low cost to operate. you asking for money for the help the forums are expected to deliver make you no different then the dealers that you claim to be better than.

Ok. We can dial the speeds back to dial-up for you then and use a 20 year old server so it takes forever to look anything up. The vip helps support the newer servers (witch is every year) and the site hosting fees. Ty is a great resource and a good community for us online as well as the rides mrsled hosts. I am proud to help support this community in the ways I can.

This is not just to keep the site running, it's all the other things as well.

By your message count, it looks like you may not have had the ability to appreciate the amount of knowledge that has been shared here over the years in just the free forum. That's fine, give it a year and you will see how powerful just being a member is. Being a VIP member is showing your support for the resource. An annual donation is cheap, or a lifetime membership is as well.

For me, it was a way to say thank you for bringing all of us together. The Service Manual was just the icing.

So yes, you can go buy your manual from the dealer, go buy the pirated DVD or download, or support this forum with a VIP donation. Otherwise, those directions with pics are still in the general forum with a search. I don't see any reason for the special sauce to ever come out of VIP. The affiliation with Yamaha, will probably never allow that anyway. Keep in mind, it is copywrite material. You are asking us to steal from the folks that support us. Please don't ask anyone to do anything illegal again.

Last edited:
We dont need $ but then you will need to post some pics as you go along and wait for one of us to help you out. We all have jobs and things to do also. I will give you the benefit of a doubt even after you posted such direspectful comments for a Newbie. Nobody here claims to be better than the dealers and most of them are $100 a hr. Read your Owners Manual and then read the FAQ sticky. Remember that stopping what your doing to take pics and posts takes alot of time its all there. I am thankful for every person who contributed here. Maybe you should be too.

Back