• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Change Requirements

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 Yamaha Sidewinder X-TX LE 141
Planning a trip to northern Maine for a weeklong trip and was doing a little mental math before noticing that I'll exceed the 2,500 mile oil change interval as required by the owner's manual by a good margin (1,000+ miles over that interval). However, I do remember there was a Ski-dooTrax (whoops...SnowTrax - I meant that I swear) video that said Yamaha recommends an oil and filter change only once per season. Anyone have insight to this?

Planning a trip to northern Maine for a weeklong trip and was doing a little mental math before noticing that I'll exceed the 2,500 mile oil change interval as required by the owner's manual by a good margin (1,000+ miles over that interval). However, I do remember there was a Ski-dooTrax (whoops...SnowTrax - I meant that I swear) video that said Yamaha recommends an oil and filter change only once per season. Anyone have insight to this?
I'd change it early. But I'd leave the filter, (you could empty it if you like).

i usually run over that milage by about 500 miles minimum on the 2011 apex. when it hits that milage it usually needs a litre of oil to top it back up and then it is good until i change the oil in the off season. i am running full synthetic in it and it did the same with semi synthetic and regular oil.

In the grand scheme of things oil is pretty cheap. Plenty of riding left so I'd drop it. I have not gotten the winder to that kind of mileage in a season yet but my question is why are they recommending dropping full synthetic at low mileage? Seems like overkill.

How many miles on your 2019 currently ?
Have you done the initial 500 mile chain case oil change and inspection, and engine oil and filter yet?

In the grand scheme of things oil is pretty cheap. Plenty of riding left so I'd drop it. I have not gotten the winder to that kind of mileage in a season yet but my question is why are they recommending dropping full synthetic at low mileage? Seems like overkill.
Dealers are recomending semi synthethic until you get over 2000 miles on it,any thoughts on that

Dealers are recomending semi synthethic until you get over 2000 miles on it,any thoughts on that
Lol my dealer recommended full synthetic. I ran full synthetic since my first oil change 6000km runs like a champ.

Lol my dealer recommended full synthetic. I ran full synthetic since my first oil change 6000km runs like a champ.
what grade was it 0W40

Back