• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Change

Also, in the same FAQ, you can download the service manual that will explain it fully too, as well as any other maintenance item.

Oil change is a piece of cake. Instructions in the owners manual is all you need. Don't forget to drain the block. Make sure not to leave the old filter O-ring behind

Just finished mine on a 2010 xtx took about 1 1/2 hours. Not a big job at all.

No problem at all compared to my Apex! The only challenge is removing the bottom left and right panels to access the motor drain plug and the oil filter. The drain plug is a hex screw with a washer. Careful not to damage the plastic inserts that hold the panels in place. Once you have done that, piece of cake! Remember to remove the drain plug to drain the oil tank on the right side as well. Takes about an hour in total including the wait time to allow full drain. Fill the oil tank level to the "H" on the dipstick without screwing it in. Then screw all the way in, connect sensor and start the machine to circulate and fill of the new oil filter. Turn off and you will need to add additional oil again to level of dipstick with it resting on the threads. Wipe all areas and verify no leaks! Change annually both oil and filter.
:yam:

Extremely easy. I agree, it takes about an hour to do it. Easy maintennance when prepping sled in the fall. Definitely change the filter. I don't understand how Yamaha says its okay to leave it. The filter is what keeps the oil clean. And I can't believe people are willing to pay a dealer an hour or more to change oil. Thats close to $100 without the cost of oil and filter.

curryd said:
Extremely easy. I agree, it takes about an hour to do it. Easy maintennance when prepping sled in the fall. Definitely change the filter. I don't understand how Yamaha says its okay to leave it. The filter is what keeps the oil clean. And I can't believe people are willing to pay a dealer an hour or more to change oil. Thats close to $100 without the cost of oil and filter.

yuppers :-o

Easy, do it yourself and save money! Just dont overservice the tank, or it will vent into the airbox and all over the front of the motor!

Back