• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Filter relocation kit

RX1Jim

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Has anybody bought the oil filter relocation kit? Maxx Perf has one for $159 and Bender has one for $179. I like the idea but have concerns about the type of hoses they are using. I may make my own aluminum housings and use some high pressure steel braided hose to ensure reliability. It would be an instant nightmare to lose a hose or hose clamp in the middle of long trip in Quebec. Where do they suggest relocating the filter to?

How long the hoses are determines your location. The hoses and fittings are probably hydraulic and can withstand far more than the pressures that the sled puts them through.

Put your money towards an ECP K&N kit and get a performance boost as well as easier access to the oil filter.

ECP K&N kit

Is that a safe and easy install? I still cant find the oil filter even after taking the air box and battery out....I will search for topics on it but need to know the pros and cons..

I can think of alot better things to spend $150+ bucks on. Once you do the first oil change, which is a bitch because everthing is so #$%&* tight, the rest are easy. Besides you only do them every 2,000 miles or once a season.

YOU CAN ALSO DO THE BATTERY RELOCTION INTO THE FRONT LOWER BELLY OF THE SLED. REMOVE THE METAL BATTERY TRAY. SAVE WEIGHT AND NOTHING IN THE WAY FOR FUTURE OIL CHANGES.

Is it really worth $160 to save 10 minutes of work every year (oil change time from 30 mins to 20 mins)? You can hire a flunky for $10 an hour to change your oil and the $160 will pay him for 32 years worth of oil changes (assuming 30 minutes per oil change) and you don't even get your hands dirty.

Is that a safe and easy install? I still cant find the oil filter even after taking the air box and battery out....I will search for topics on it but need to know the pros and cons..

I was really refering to the ECP K&N kit. But i like the flunky Idea No sense getting dirty :drink:

Maybe this might help ;)!

Straight below the starter.

Attachments

• 05rx1_tech_eng.jpg
    05rx1_tech_eng.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 974

Back