• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil???????Issue

dox06

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
17 SW XTX SE
17 G4 Gade 850
OK dumb question but not sure what I did when I was installing my nhew battery. (another topic; dead battery after 1.5yrs on sled)

I re-installed my battery and the air box on my 06 Nytro. started right up no problem. turned sled off and had a wonderfull surprise to find there was oil leaking out of my belly pan.

Ok here is my only thought, could the oil line on the bottom of the air box come off and when I slid the box back onto the carbs??? would that be where the oil would have come from. I opened both side panels and checked under near the oil filter, no issues....

Am I thinking right that the oil is going to or could leak out the hose under the air box.. ?????? Ideas guys.

Looks like tomorrow is going to be a sick day at work in order to fix this issue.

Help......... :o| :o| :o|

Yes most likely the hose slipped off. Did the same thing last year and nearly panicked. This hose will pour a lot of oil out in one hell of a hurry. Make sure that the hose is on and then top up your oil, all should be good.

Thanks

thought that might be the issue but was not sure and wanted to ask the crew and see what you guys would say. thanks. Will take care of that tomorrow then. Have a trip planned for this thursday through sunday. baring the snow stays.

:Rockon:

when i put my battery back in i checked the oil and didn't notice the o-ring had fallen off the dip stick and when i started sled oil poured out of belly pan. thought i had big problems. don't know if maybe that could be it also

Oil

Put the sled back together today and you will all be amazed to know that when you hook the oil line up under the air box, NO OIL LEAKS.

Sorry to waist the thread line this but thanks to those that helped......

:Rockon:

Back