• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

oil line connection sealant ?

ak

Pro
What are you guys using for sealant where the main oil line (Aluminium block) connects to the turbo housing, The old stuff appeard to be gray in color. Its a mitsubishi turbo.
thanks.

ak said:
What are you guys using for sealant where the main oil line (Aluminium block) connects to the turbo housing, The old stuff appeard to be gray in color. Its a mitsubishi turbo.
thanks.

If it is a block that bolts on then you should use a gasket, Sealant can get in to the oil hole and restrict it destroying your turbo.

If it is a fitting that screws in then liquid teflon pipe sealant on the threads is best.

Ted.

It is a block setup So I wll have to make a gasket, And why isnt there a gasket where the exhaust bolts to the turbo housing, Its metal to metal it Seems this would leak. Should I at least put some gasket material here also. Its a Mcxpress kit on a phazer.

ak said:
It is a block setup So I wll have to make a gasket, And why isnt there a gasket where the exhaust bolts to the turbo housing, Its metal to metal it Seems this would leak. Should I at least put some gasket material here also. Its a Mcxpress kit on a phazer.

If you have to machined surfaces on exhaust is it best not to run a gasket and will be leak free, in cases of exhaust sometimes a gasket causes leaks due to expansion and contraction of the metals.

I don't run any gaskets on turbine outlet pipes, I just make sure they are completely flat.

Ted.

Back