• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown BOP Oil Tank Seal

3/4 to 1 tur. Prefer to set when servicing chain case
That is what I set my 2017 at , Adjuste with case open and not paying attention so much to the turns as to the tension. I managed to get. 8500 miles out of the original gear and it was still good with a little sign of wear the only reason I took it out was I tried lower gears which I really like. That same gear is in my new to me MTX with 1900 miles on it. It’s original gear was pretty rough and chain was loose

300ish miles in Munising this weekend and all was good. Thanks for everyone's help.

Truck didn't do as well. DEF gauge didn't move after I filled it. 150 mile count down came on 120 miles from home. Made it but the dealer will have to pick it up. Leave for my last trip of the year 2 weeks from today. Hope they can get it fixed quick.

Anyone with the BOP gasket smell rubber burning?? I have 300 miles on it and yesterday, rode with the 30 something crazies, so lots of hard accel. braking, no high speed runs over 90 in a field, but generally beat the hell out of them for 120 miles. When I stopped I could smell a rubbery kind of smell. It hasnt smelled riding with the old farts, but did yesterday. I believe the rubber gasket that sticks out is very close to the hot exhaust, so Im going with that. And running like that, it was hot..backfired once too under decel....Im thinking since its been poking, maybe a little carbon. But runs great.
I am having the exact same issue after installing mine....rode 300 miles and could smell something similar to melting slides the whole trip and could not figure out why. Did you ever confirm this was your smell?

Check your coolant hoses or maybe oil getting onto your belt from excess oil coming out of air filter box. I doubt it's the BOP gasket, its made to fix oil leaks. Good luck!! Joe

I am having the exact same issue after installing mine....rode 300 miles and could smell something similar to melting slides the whole trip and could not figure out why. Did you ever confirm this was your smell?
Yes, that was it. Went away. Thinking the heat was making the smell as I didnt trim any excess off the gasket.

Check your coolant hoses or maybe oil getting onto your belt from excess oil coming out of air filter box. I doubt it's the BOP gasket, its made to fix oil leaks. Good luck!! Joe
It was definately the gasket. Stuck my big nose down there and same smell. Gets pretty hot around there when running hard. Never smelled it before the gasket, and never smelled it again.

Press your hand on the foam padding in the bottom of the sled under your exhaust and see if it is oil soaked. That is likely where the smell is coming from. If it is soaked I would either remove it or when riding hard remember to toss some snow in there or else it may catch on fire. I have had the issue in the past and stopping during aggressive riding I have actually had burning oil smoke coming from it.

Press your hand on the foam padding in the bottom of the sled under your exhaust and see if it is oil soaked. That is likely where the smell is coming from. If it is soaked I would either remove it or when riding hard remember to toss some snow in there or else it may catch on fire. I have had the issue in the past and stopping during aggressive riding I have actually had burning oil smoke coming from it.
My foam is coated in oil for sure. Do i have to remove muffler to get it out or can you cut it out without

My foam is coated in oil for sure. Do i have to remove muffler to get it out or can you cut it out without
You would likely need to remove the muffler. There is also a sheet of fiberglass heat shield under the foam that the foam is stuck to. I am not sure if that is needed or not. It is likely starting to detach from all the oil as well. My dealer had redone mine several times trying to solve the oil leak issue till finally ordering the BOP Gasket last year. Sadly last year they didn't replace my foam again so for now mine is still all oil and I plan to just monitor it till next fall when I have them do an oil change. At that time I will have them replace the heat shield and leave it w/out any foam. Really a stupid location for that foam in the first place.

I can almost guarantee it's oil on the belt and not the BOP gasket. Squeeze out the oil in the air filter before it gets on the belt or in the bottom foam. Yes it's a pain and yes it's a bit messy but it needs to be done.

I can almost guarantee it's oil on the belt and not the BOP gasket. Squeeze out the oil in the air filter before it gets on the belt or in the bottom foam. Yes it's a pain and yes it's a bit messy but it needs to be done.
its not the belt air box is cleaned regularly

I have a BOP seal and Precision drive shaft saver if anyone needs them.

Another interesting find while disassembling was all of the muffler bolts were loose. 1 was backed out 1/16" even. These were replaced when I had it apart earlier this year with regular bolts. High temp antisieze was applied and the bolts were all torqued to spec. Any idea's here?
Get rid of the regular bolts and put the originals back in

Back