• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil tank cracked

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Well I was hoping this was a RS problem but since they are the same tank I shouldnt be surprised. I was giving the sled a once over for my back pack trip all next week and noticed a oil leak and it has been leak free all sumer. Well the pounding I have been giving it here in the ditches took a toll and there is a microscopic hairl line crack next to the bolt on the bottom of the tank just like what is posted on the RS tanks. I added some JB weld tonight to patch it and will give it another coat tommorrow.

Good thing I have a new one coming for next year in the form of a MPI SC tank to go with my new SC Kit that is in the mail! WOOHOO :Rockon:

ok good so what you want for the spray kit ....

we like nitrous around here ... my buddy bigrob has a 100shot on his quad442 calais , my boy zakk ( 09 xtx )
has a 250 shot plate kit on his 08 srt8 300c

robs tryin to score a lil polaris 700xc and i expect to see a bottle find its way in there

You may want to consider getting the tank welded. That would be a permanent fix. On the oil tank, most folks would consider JB Weld a temp emergency fix.

I have it in the classifieds. Its a sweet kit probably the most expensive on the market but the only one where you can run 87 in the main tank and race fuel in the aux tank in the kit and be safe when spraying. If you want the LEDS we could work that out as well. Its complete and its a animal on the gas, nothing will beat it unless you meed a well set up turbo. I have beaten mods sleds by so much they thought thiers was blown or malfunctioning.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Len Todd said:
You may want to consider getting the tank welded. That would be a permanent fix. On the oil tank, most folks would consider JB Weld a temp emergency fix.

I just need it to last this year and then next year I get my SC tank :flag:

After its off if I ever sell it or something I will get it perm fixed. Its so small the JB will hold for this year.

Kinger; See your from Clear lake, I'm from Spirit Lake. If you want to see how I fixed mine, go to the RS section under Leaking oil resivor (think that's right) go to last page and see pics of my repair. I also did the rubber grommet idea that someone else suggested and I think it will be fine now.

Back