• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

? on Bent A-arms- Added pics

So couple questions....What is required to change the subframe?? Do you have to pull the motor??

Also, I bought my sled in Jan 09 and didn't purchase the extended warranty...does that mean i screwed??

To change the subframe you must pull all the plastic off and then there are six bolts on both sides and that entire front clip can be removed. the full front suspension will come with it but the motor stays there. You must unhook the ecu, over flow tank, steering, relays and such. It is a pretty good size job and you will want two people there to line the holes up for reinstalling the new subframe. I had to work on customer relations for a month to get a deal, partially covered the cost and I was under warranty. If you try, be determined because they will say it is a impact issue and they won't admit they have a problem. Hit them with - three year running changes to the frame and there race sled doesn't have the normal one. Also, have as much knowledge as possible to fight with. My dad was a Polaris dealer for years and he said the keys to get something covered is a good dealer and a lot of complaining otherwise they will just blow you off! Good Luck!

09nytro24 said:
So couple questions....What is required to change the subframe?? Do you have to pull the motor??

Also, I bought my sled in Jan 09 and didn't purchase the extended warranty...does that mean i screwed??

Depends when in Jan. It should go by the date you purchased it. Also depends if you have a good dealer who cares.

Back