• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

One more broken W arm for the pile!! UPDATE-NOT HAPPY

I was told by Yamaha that rails ARE NOT covered under Y.E.S. They also told me they weren't aware of any other cases. If yours are covered, then I would really like to know why?

If you decide to repair it, ask for an '08 W-arm, they have more gussets and re-enforcement and hold up quite well. Out-of-pocket to fix that skid is going to be close to $1000 or more, if you don't have any help and IMHO: Why put it back under their? As for me, I think I will be ordering a ZX2 before April 30th.

BTW: The cooler should be covered because it's actually a small section that gets worn away by the steel mounting brackets [they] are wedged next to (yes both sides will fail)

WOW.. that sucker is toast..

My brother and i are working on a kit to weld onto these older monos to fix and beef up the Arms.. He works at a stamping and manufacturing business and has many many years of design and welding experience..

We will be offereing a package deal on welding them and powder coating them..

Just had mine welded and at machine shop and they said they were amazed at the quality of welds and cheap thin tubing Yamaha used.....He mentioned that he thought yamaha always had top notch quality and this is of no such thing.

Thats why i put in a polaris edge suspension in mine. Rides like a dream and no problems. Sold that ticking time bomb of a suspension to someone else. 1600 miles on hyfax and good for another 1600 miles.

rx1warrior said:
you ride a 121 or 136 ? edge susp out of what sled?

Polaris Edge is only available as a 121 unless you happen across one of the pretty rare 136" factory conversion kits. The trackusa extensions work really well on the 121 if you need a 136, don't affect reliability or introduce other problems of any sort.

By the way ahicks helped me set mine up. Was alot of help. Going to 136 mine over the summer. You will be very happy with a edge. Iam still talking about how much better it rides,hooks,transfers and best of all no transfer rod slap!!! Good luck in what you decide. :4STroke:

Interesting post. My 06 Apex GT is currently at the dealer having the Ohlins shock rewired for the 3rd time and also has a cracked pivot arm.

The dealer ("stealer"??) said i must have abused the sled, as these arms don't crack unless they are subjected to extreme conditions. Therefore, my YES warranty is more like a NO warranty. No room for discussion, that's how it is.

So, I called Yamaha's customer service number yesterday and spoke with 'Susan', who probably doesn't even know what a snowmobile looks like, much less a front pivot arm. My question to her was, why did my YES warranty cover the cracked pivot arm on my 2000 SRX 10 yrs ago, but not my current Apex for the same condition. Same failure. Well, let me call your dealer to find out and i'll put you on hold, she says. I sensed the kiss of death right there. You can see where this is going....mandatory hold for 15minutes...Suzybabe comes back on line and informs me that the crack is due to extreme conditions not covered by my YES warranty. I try to remain cool and ask for a definition of extreme conditions and reiterate my first question. We get nowhere, i get frustrated and hang up.

I just now cooled down enough to do a search and found this topic. Please update us on your situation as it unfolds. Any insight into this is much appreciated.

How can they say it broke from extreme conditions if they updated the part 2 years later???

My 06 broke, and my friends 06 broke. The updated part is a lot more beefed up. Its obvious they knew it was problem....

What can be more extreme then snow,water,snirt,freezing temps,and rough trails. WTF!!! Before long everything is going to be consider extreme conditions!! :die

hionspeed said:
Interesting post. My 06 Apex GT is currently at the dealer having the Ohlins shock rewired for the 3rd time and also has a cracked pivot arm.

The dealer ("stealer"??) said i must have abused the sled, as these arms don't crack unless they are subjected to extreme conditions. Therefore, my YES warranty is more like a NO warranty. No room for discussion, that's how it is.

So, I called Yamaha's customer service number yesterday and spoke with 'Susan', who probably doesn't even know what a snowmobile looks like, much less a front pivot arm. My question to her was, why did my YES warranty cover the cracked pivot arm on my 2000 SRX 10 yrs ago, but not my current Apex for the same condition. Same failure. Well, let me call your dealer to find out and i'll put you on hold, she says. I sensed the kiss of death right there. You can see where this is going....mandatory hold for 15minutes...Suzybabe comes back on line and informs me that the crack is due to extreme conditions not covered by my YES warranty. I try to remain cool and ask for a definition of extreme conditions and reiterate my first question. We get nowhere, i get frustrated and hang up.

I just now cooled down enough to do a search and found this topic. Please update us on your situation as it unfolds. Any insight into this is much appreciated.

Totally agree. They know about the problem. I had it out with them. Here is a link to what happemned in my case.....must have been the same Suzy Babe!! I got through in the end though. Go towards the end of the link on page 2. By the way just come back from the last ride of the season in Moosehead. Put about 4000 miles on that beefed up pivot assembly and it looks perfect. Hope this is helpful.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15

Attachments

• Nytro XTX 023.jpg
    Nytro XTX 023.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 49
  • Nytro XTX 022.jpg
    Nytro XTX 022.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Nytro XTX 021.jpg
    Nytro XTX 021.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 66
welterracer said:

My brother and i are working on a kit to weld onto these older monos to fix and beef up the Arms.. He works at a stamping and manufacturing business and has many many years of design and welding experience..

I'd almost suggest building a completely new one from scratch. It seems the more you try to "fix" the problem by welding, the more problems you create.

I had the same conversation with Yamaha about my rails. Y.E.S. definitely means, "NO!" when it comes to the skid.

welterracer said:

Hey Welt, got some ideas on price?
Thanks!

So far, so good. Called my dealer today (2 weeks later). Looks like everything is going to be fixed under YES warranty. Front pivot arm (newer beefed up version), both suspension rails, both side heat exchangers, both hyfaxes, and all associated hardware and labor.

Looks like I can take the boxing gloves off as I was ready to do battle with Yamaha getting this covered. Thanks Yamaha!! Glad to see this common issue was recognized and taken care of...as it should have been.

--Steve (O.C.)

Back