• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

operation mtx -100lbs well on its way

skidooboy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
well, gotta give a big thank you to my brother from another mother, grapeape. he came through again for this sick, and sore old man.

he put the timbersled rear skid together for me last week, we did the final drilling and fitting last night. grape liked the skid so much he is ordering one next. also, the wife was grumbling this afternoon she wants one for her nytro now. LOL!

i put the drop brackets in the tunnel (-8+ pounds on scale from stockers), and fitted the undertunnel exhaust from lincoln county customs. just need to take the sled to the seat guy to have him make a new seat for me.

the skid is just plain sick, i cannot wait to try it out. the exhaust sounds awesome! not too loud at idle and not annoyingly loud when rapping on it. sounds like a nice slip on, on a sportbike.

with the exhaust and the skid, so far i have taken off close to 60 lbs off the sled. the battery is next on the diet, then the front end. also adding the big fuel tank as well. that should be lighter than the stocker even though the stocker is smaller. the stocker is thick and double lined for epa vapor standards. the larger trail tank is only single thickness. yes it will be heavier with a full fuel load, but, i'll also gain range at the same time.

i'll get some pics up shortly. ski

these sleds are incredible for pulling safe weight off...you have IMHO the best skid for all around riding...now wait till you see how it performs in the deep!!! INSANITY!!!!dont forget the cable tie trick for dialing in the floats...

After my turbo which will drop 13+ (I think 17, bu counting on 13 till I weigh parts etc.) I will be at roughly 95 weighed and measured lbs. off mine...

So that puts me at M8 weight, with 200+/- HP....it does NOT get any better!!!!

Here were my targeted weight savings and I have met them all...

Timbersled Mtn Tamer (rear skid)= 38 lbs.
Lightweight Battery= 8-10 lbs.
Timbersled Barkbuster (front end kit)= 8 lbs.
Fox Floats (front shicks)= 6 lbs.
Rear Exhaust= up to 10 lbs.
Misc. etc. = 10 lbs.
Total diet= 82 lbs!!!

Is a lot of fun isnt it!!!!!

Have been around and picked up more than a few turbo kits large and small and most of them scale out at 38 to 48lbs so unless the stock muffler weighs that much and more I don't see you loosing weight that turbo with intercooler is heavier than a guy would think.

BOOST said:
Have been around and picked up more than a few turbo kits large and small and most of them scale out at 38 to 48lbs so unless the stock muffler weighs that much and more I don't see you loosing weight that turbo with intercooler is heavier than a guy would think.

well, we have weighed the parts taken off...and the parts being put in...and it is -13 lbs...TTabs is the one that we weight all stuff...stuck it in a box, (all stuff going on) and all stuff that came off...and -13

pics are here, skid drop brackets, ice scratchers, hyperfax and under tunnel exhaust. trying to figure out who's seat to use. you can see the angle of the exhaust is unique to avoid snow injestion from the track in the deep fluff. also you can see my quandry on the tunnel block off plate, with the exhaust slightly higher than the tunnel top. going to try to manipulate the pipe mounts to lower the can in the tunnel so i can use a flat plate on the tunnel, and a flat bottomed seat frame, with storage of course. again big thanks to grapeape for measuring and cutting the rails cause i am a scaredy cat. :D

the skid is awesome looking and ultra light. :bling

once i figure the seat and tunnel deal out i'll sleep alot better. than i just need some polishing time, and wait for the snow to come. waiting for our prexmas trip to togwotee is gonna be tough. ski

h,,,. have you tried compression testing to ensure track has plenty o clearance on the exhaust?

dont suppose you could start your own thread for that pic eh? and in the right forum, classifieds. LOL! the last two threads i started were derailed by off topic posts. LOL! this is my thread, go get your own! LOL! J/K :D

ski

Looking at some of the background in your pictures, I have one question. Do you sleep with that thing? It sure looks like you have your sled in your bedroom or something. (just eye-balling the curtains in the back ground) :jump:

Back