• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

operation mtx -100lbs well on its way

the plan is to cover the top of the tunnel flat and seal the hole(s). and use a new seat. but i have to augment the pipe, the pipe mounts ect to lower the exhaust flush with the tunnel top to achieve this. it is still a work in progress. ski

Ski, have ya fired her up with the new muffler yet?????????? noise levels compared to the OEM?? ( DNR will be looking for noisey mufflers this season,ie: new "LAW" in place. (read: more revenue for the "Govenors Mackinaw Island home remodel project)

remember, i dont ride "here"... spend my time in the back country out west and in ontario.

but with that said, it isnt obnoxious. i had both sleds running side by side the wife's stock nytro is just as loud at idle as the aftermarket unit. the lcc can has a slightly deep braap too it when you hit the gas. with snow in the tunnel, it will, "deaden" the sharpness of the exhaust note.

how's the timbersled skid install comming for you? ski

well after seeing akriders clear tank (on the shorty side of the forum), and seth announcing the new additions to the tank, i ordered a clear one tonight for my mtx. also ordered the wildchild steering post relocator. now i just have to fit the pipe under the tunnel alittle better and work on the seat deal. ski

well, another work day with grapeape brought us closer to getting somewhere on the sled.

we removed the exhaust, "modified" it with some persuasion (dont ask, chris was almost ill watching me modify it). fits in a straight line better, fits almost flush under the tunnel now v.s being slightly above as it came to me shipped.

removed the all the bodywork, and fuel tank in preperation for the new larger clear unit. rec'd my shipping confirmation for that yesterday so i should have it soon.

just need to order the block off plate for the tunnel top tomorrow from the local fab shop. man that tunnel is tapered really funny. almost like an hourglass. then i have to decide on a seat. then it's on to the steering post relocator, then the front suspension bushing kit, lightweight battery, ytz-7 or 10 haven't made up my mind yet.

then it'll be time to button her up, she'll pretty much be done except for clutching, polishing, maybe some powdercoating and wait for the snow. ski

with the bigger tank do you have to change the seat or will stock seat fit back on :letsnow:

stock seat will fit with the new larger trail tank. the reason i am switching the seat is for the under tunnel exhaust, this will allow us to free up tunnel top space for storage in the seat like the apex mtx has. which is, a very large interior seat storage pocket. ski

skidooboy said:
well, another work day with grapeape brought us closer to getting somewhere on the sled.

we removed the exhaust, "modified" it with some persuasion (dont ask, chris was almost ill watching me modify it). fits in a straight line better, fits almost flush under the tunnel now v.s being slightly above as it came to me shipped.

removed the all the bodywork, and fuel tank in preperation for the new larger clear unit. rec'd my shipping confirmation for that yesterday so i should have it soon.

just need to order the block off plate for the tunnel top tomorrow from the local fab shop. man that tunnel is tapered really funny. almost like an hourglass. then i have to decide on a seat. then it's on to the steering post relocator, then the front suspension bushing kit, lightweight battery, ytz-7 or 10 haven't made up my mind yet.

then it'll be time to button her up, she'll pretty much be done except for clutching, polishing, maybe some powdercoating and wait for the snow. ski

Eric, you know it's often said on the internet, if you don't post pics, it didn't really happen. LOL.

I got my titanium exhaust the other day. I had some welding done, just need to "persuade" the stock header now. Only weighs 5 lbs., nice sound (read not obnoxious) and only $55 including shipping and welding. Pics to come after I re-work the header.

ok, just for mr crow....

rec'd the fuel tank from trail tank, front end bushing kit from ulmer racing, and the wildchild steering post relocator. i installed most of it this weekend.

the tank needs some finessing to get it to fit for sure but, the added 3 gallons it allows me to carry, lets me ride about 45 more miles. so, needless to say i will not be complaining about that.

i didnt install the front end bushing kit just yet, pics to follow.

today the steering post kit came, got that installed, the directions for the lower mount could be alittle more clear but, all in all it went in flawless and as directed by the instructions.

took some pics of the tunnel and exhaust after the mock up from last week. just waiting on mountain mods seamstress to get back from vacation to make a cover for my new seat. then i can get the seat and their tunnel block off plate. and button her up.

here's a few pics for those interested. ski

marsh14 said:
What do you do with the hole in the back where the stock exhaust used to exit?

Here's a thought.... Seal it around the muffler, put a muff pot or hot dogger on the exhaust & hinge mount the seat at the front. After riding a bit, open your seat to a nice hot lunch!

Looks good Eric, what springs are you running on the front shocks, those don't look stock????

stock springs powdercoated white. going to go for a stiffer revalve on the shocks, and a stiffer spring set, or go the 440 skidoo shock route like nikolai. ski

Back