• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinion needed on an 06 Rage

I have a 2005 Rage with 2400 miles on it.
I can pretty much pull away from my 2 riding buddies(Warriors) on the twisties. I can feel the difference in weight when I ride their sleds.

Have only put a larger sway bar on it from Pioneer Perf., and have Bergstom Skegs triples on it.

Loved the sled and Engine from day one and would buy one again.

BTW, Oil changes are a breeze on these motors!

Rode the GF's 05 Vector last night for the first time. For what it's worth, you WILL miss the added torque and top end if you're riding a lot of lakes. However, I think the RS motor is pretty sweet in it's own right and she couldn't stop grinning..... :jump:

If you're looking for a solid motor with excellent torque (for the HP #'s) this thing is very nice... Would buy one again in a minute.

Good luck.

I had a 03 rx-1 before the vector , I like the vector better,its about the same up untill like 90mph. unless your lake running I think you woule like it. The only thing I miss on the 4 cyc is the sound, the 3 cyc sounds good but the 4 cyc sounds great

Looks possibly like an 05 for me. I have a fella that wants to trade me his 05 for my wr450. I'll let you all know.
If it was the 121 I would be concerned about the pro-action skid. But after owning an 03 RX-1 with the pro-action 121 and 04 Warrior with the 136 pro-action I realized that skid was meant to be 136 ;)!

Well, I did it; A really nice Blue 05 Rage is setting in my shop. Not too sure about the 1.5 inch paddle track it has. It's awesome off trail but slides all over on smooth hardpacked roads around my house. Does anyone know if I have a enough clearance to throw in a few studs or should I just swap out the track for a 1.25 ripsaw?
I also want a sportier looking windshield; what looks better a mid height smoke or Blue?
All in all I really like the sled. Motor is much quicker than I expected coming off an Attak ;)!

Mighty.
Have to agree with you on the pro action ck suspension.
From the amount we've riden so far...200 miles , the wifes 05 rage which is set-up as it came from the dealer.....neutral, the skid is great in all conditions so far.
I am about 70# heavier than her and it never got close to bottoming out with me on it, so i told her I'd loosen it up a bit for her, but she said no way, it was fine the way it is.
Coming off the 2 strokes w /there lower CG is the biggest diff. and really shows up in the corners. gotta try and get some of the tippyness worked out of it.

Good information on the 136" ProAction Dan. I did not like the skid in a 121 (still own one, had two) but people seem to like the '05 Rage. I have never ridden one. My vote's for the smoked w/s.

Glad you're happy with the 3 banger after the RX1's and Attaks. The 4 is more powerful but the 120 has been very good for me for what I do with it.

My wife spent a day riding an Attak GT this weekend and when she left she told him to make sure he lets us know when it's for sale...

Yamaha1 how did the roller work???? i put 1 fromPioneer on my last sled a trip 2stroke and it was great was debating a clutch kit or the roller.

I'll go so far as to say the Rage is the best and most underated of all Yami 4 strokers. Great trail sled, the 4 holers have nothing over it on the trails.

Try an Iceripper track, just enough metal to keep you going on the ice w/o the disadvantages of regular studs.

srvfan-

I put the roller kit on my secondary and my cousing put one on his SXr 500 as well. They both worked out really well.

It really woke up that SXr of my cousins. The stock clutching on that thing wasn't very responsive... was ok on a hard trail but then you go from a packed trail to powder and it would really pull it down before it would backshift. The roller kit really made that more responsive and react much quicker to keep the revs in the power band.

It did the same for my Rage as well, but with the higher hp and torque of the 4stroker it was not quite as noticeable.......still a great improvement just not quite drastic of a change as on the SXr.

Mighty-

Congrats on the new purchase..... I think you will really like it, I love mine and would have a hard time trading it off (still would like an Attack and Phazer as well, but love the Rage).

Y1

I realize this sounds crazy but my favorite part of the sled is the fact that I can open the hood and get to the engine..................

Unfortunately, limited access/serviceability is the trend in much of the automotive/truck/powersports markets. It is nice to pop the hood... :-o

I put about 40 miles on the Rage tonight on back roads and thru the ditches..........Damn, I like this sled. This motor is sneaky quick ;)!

Back