• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Overheating Poll

Overheating Poll

• Overheating (Track Studded)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Overheating (Track Not Studs)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Never Overheated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

grizztracks

Tech Advisor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
FX Nytro RTX, RS Vector, SR Viper RTX SE
I read a post were 3 nytro xtx's ran together in poor conditions (2 not studded, 1 studded). The two not studded overheated but the studded did not.

Have an 08 rtx that used to overheat at standstill, and on hard pack real quick. Studded to 144 1.450. Had to add the additional heat exchanger. Now more overheating on hard pack. Just can't leave on idle for to long. Once you start to move the light goes out.

Last weekend I overheated several times, the first time all season. Temps were above freezing, but the trails were still frozen.

Fyi, my track is studded with the pre studded Ice Ripper track.

I have been overheating a lot over the last few rides. I ride with two other RTX's and they don't have any problems. They are both studded as well.

Mine light does come on in low snow and at low speeds, but I think the trail tank makes it worst cause the fan in all choked up with the new tank.....

I did and interesting test, sleds light came on....took off the hood the fan was push very hot air towards and area where a close cab would be...with the cab off the fan worked and the light went out...

I'm going to add some vent above the rad near the speedo to disapate the heat from the fan

The last day we rode in Northern Ontario the temps were near freezing and the snow was heavy and wet. My wifes Nytro ran great with no issues at all. She informed me over our comunicators that her high temp light came on a few times. This was during some slow trail riding or after going through some towns at slow speeds. This only happened for very short periods and once our speeds picked up the light went out. No other sleds in our group had this problem and that group included 2 -1200 Doos, my Apex and my 08 XP 500ss. I think the reason is the Nytro depends on the radiator to do a big part of the cooling and when the speeds slow down combined with warm temps it may run a bit warm. At no time did my wife notice anything with the performance of her sled and had it not been for the warning light she wouldn't have known there was an issue.

jds1000 said:
I think the reason is the Nytro depends on the radiator to do a big part of the cooling and when the speeds slow down combined with warm temps it may run a bit warm.

I believe the same theory. During the summer, I'm going to look at installing some sort of vent system to evacuate the hot air behind the rad.

Mine was overheating constantly with a larger track (cobra) and trail tank.

I cut out the tunnel protectors and it does not overheat (ie no yellow light) but it still runs hot (195+ according to my gauge) in ideal conditions. It is still very sensitive to snow building under the tunnel and I can tell by the gauge now when I have to stop to clear out around the exchanger.

Over this summer, I'll be adding MTX cooler as well as some more vents should I decide to keep this sled.

My 08 FX Nytro RTX never overheats no matter what the conditions, however, my 07 Phazer FX overheated 4 times yesterday ?!?!?? Gonna try diluting the coolant and go from there....

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
My 08 FX Nytro RTX never overheats no matter what the conditions, however, my 07 Phazer FX overheated 4 times yesterday ?!?!?? Gonna try diluting the coolant and go from there....

The purpose of this post is to try to figure out why some overheat and some don't. I have an 08 rtx and have overheated several time. Sled is close to stock. I've installed the trail tank but I had problems before the install so I can't blame the tank.

This is an issue with theses sleds whether you've experienced overheating or not. If you respond to this post please give a little more info about your sled (mods), trail conditions and terrain. Maybe we can figure this out.

Did anyone ever check the temp, in degrees, when the light comes on? I think the light comes on a little early on some of these sleds and causes a panic. I think the dealer told me the temp light comes on at 178 deg. Your safe with the temps under 210deg.

I wish it was like my Firecat....flashing temp light is a warning "cool down sled" solid warning light shut down sled!!!!
XTX light comes on and I panic,I have no clue if is starting to get hot or crazy hot

berge75 said:
Did anyone ever check the temp, in degrees, when the light comes on? I think the light comes on a little early on some of these sleds and causes a panic. I think the dealer told me the temp light comes on at 178 deg. Your safe with the temps under 210deg.

178 degs seems way low. The automotive industry normally runs 180 deg thermostats. Does anyone know what temperature the thermostats opens on the nytro? When I get time I'll pull the sensor and check the actual temp it turns the light on.

Daranello, A dual Indicator light might not be that hard or expensive to install.

Back