• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Overheating...

4stroker

Extreme
I realize this has been addressed previously and the solution has been to add a rear cooler... I was just wondering if there would be any chance that the '06 radiator system can be retrofitted on the '05 sled. It sounds like a bulletproof solution. The rear cooler still might not be enough during low snow road riding which is where I've had most of my problems.

I'm tired of getting razzed by my multi mfg. riding buddies when they have had to wait for me to "cool off" my sled during some rides this year.
Does the RX run that much hotter than Fusions, XLT's and some of the other sleds??

I guess if we had a decent year of snow for riding it wouldn't be an issue but after this year's conditions I have been forced to ride in less than "pristine" conditions.

I rode with a guy with a Fusion and his would oveheat if there was not enough snow also! I added a temp gauge to my 04 Warrior and then you would know when it was starting to get too hot! If you see that its getting too hot on the gauge when conditions where lacking snow you could start tracking into deeper snow and cool her down, or when stopped you would know how hot it is.

Two of the guy's I ride with have Fusions and neither have overheated yet this year. I shut it down as soon as the light comes on and unfortunetely sometimes there isn't even any "fluff" too get into. There have been a lot of rock solid high banks on some of the trails and most of the roads.

On a brighter note, neither Fusion can run with me in a race... LaLaLa

When I'm riding thru the city or no snow zone I'll load up the running boards with snow this really helps for a short haul ;)! ;)!

Unless you guys are running Warrior's...there is no reason you should be seeing the hot light even in marginal conditions.

I've got 1000 on this season...hasn't come on once...maybe others can weigh in as to their experience.

I suspect some of you may have air in your cooling systems or 100% ethylene glycol if you are running hot.

Back