• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

overheating

robertallen

you guys keep talking about overheating rx1 i just got a 03 rx1 er when i run it in my shop that is 70 deg it will run about a 1/2 hr before the hot light comes on, i mainly trail ride i dont want a overheating sled do all theise sleds overheat???

check it out

Attachments

• from Bob's computer 268.jpg
    from Bob's computer 268.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 119
Read some of the post on this site. There is a LOT of overheating problems with the RX1. Just install a rear heat exchanger.

I have about 7K miles on my 04 RX-1ER. The light has momentarily come on once in very hard packed snow at very high speed for a very long time. No mods except for a temp indicator. I do watch it closely. If you ride in snow, you will be fine. Long runs on Ice and it may overheat. Last I knew, we had not changed the name to icemobiles, even though some may think that they are.

My 04 Warrior has never had the light come on. Some people have also told me to check your antifreeze and make sure it is 50/50. It comes 100% from the factory and will run a little warmer then a 50/50 mix. Mine is still 100% antifreeze and I haven't over heated. I am planning on adding some water before I ride this year.

All depends were you ride. You have to remeber this motor has 4 cylinder, cams,timing chain, revs to 11,000 rpm. 2 strokes do not produce near half the heat.

the stock cooling system is to little.

Im working on the apex side rad bolt in for these sleds ill have a update soon

Josh

over heating

i have never had a problem and i run long run,s 30 + miles with lttle snow at high speed 100 mph +. but if it looks like theres a lack of cooling and lube snow i just put one ice skracher down. last sprimg on one ride we must have ran over 75 miles on bare ice with no cooling or slider isues. ;)!

John your lucky lol. I was in ottawa it was -50 and on the lake i had no probs but when we got down to lower speeds and i would stop the sled would get soo heat soaked. all of the 3 rx-1s.

Twice were i pulled up to spank some 2 strokes and when i went to take off bang sled bogged out and temps were out to lunch.

im going to try this new rad idea and see if it works out.

Josh

Back