• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oxidation?

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Is there a secret to removing oxidation from aluminum? I hit it with rubbing compound & a Porter Cable hi-speed polisher. Didn't take it down like I thought it would......
IMG_20180127_100353194-640x380.jpg
IMG_20180127_100342260-640x380.jpg

I am a detailer and buffer , have polished over 10,000 truck wheels etc, for you try either an acid aluminum brightener spray and rinse with water to even out. also you could rub fender with 0000 steel wool and metal polish in straight lines and then buff with wool pad and metal polish.These are simple ideas for the non professional at home. Let me know how it works.

I am a detailer and buffer , have polished over 10,000 truck wheels etc, for you try either an acid aluminum brightener spray and rinse with water to even out. also you could rub fender with 0000 steel wool and metal polish in straight lines and then buff with wool pad and metal polish.These are simple ideas for the non professional at home. Let me know how it works.

So, steel wool combined with metal polish? Long straight strokes......true?

I couldn't believe the rubbing compound didn't work. Aluminum is etched.

My fenders are the same. My pressure washer does a good job of getting the heavy stuff off. Then I use aluminum polish.

My fenders are the same. My pressure washer does a good job of getting the heavy stuff off. Then I use aluminum polish.

I will try this & then move to steel wool exercise. Trailer is all aluminum. May as well get used to maintaining it.

I waxed the whole trailer doesn't take long. But it takes a long time if you don't know what your doing. Proper steps and it's 1,2,3.......

like the previous comment. Use a weak acid product called AlumiBright. Its in a spray bottle. It will make it uniform if you rub it with something slightly abrasive.
If you want to get carried away and make it a mirror, I use Flitz polish. It works well with aluminum.
MS

Sled Brite makes some grate products for aluminum check their website out

Back