• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oxygen Helmet Review

I bought my Oxygen helmet in October of last year. I used it on a bagger trip in Canada during a week of extreme cold. Temps never got above 15F and on one day fell below -22F. The helmet was warm and shield was clear. I did get a bit of frost forming around the edges of the shield and it made it a bit difficult to open the shield on one or two occasions. I noticed that the moist air inside the helmet was not leaving the helmet but rather building up inside around my neck. I was using a head-sock on that trip which seemed to block the air flow. There were six riders on the trip, all had issues with there helmets. My issues never got as bad as the others. It was so cold as soon as moisture hit the cold air it froze. Three of the riders had there cables get so brittle they broke off at the sled. The Oxygen cable NEVER stiffened up and was always flexible.
I will say that in warm conditions, 25F and up you will need to crack open the shield to cool off. The helmet is very warm. If I have anything I think should be improved it would be airflow. The BVS2 I have had lots of air flowing but at those temps it felt cold.
The cable system is very good. Never comes off. Easy to attach and everyone behind me loves the light on the back.

That's one concern I have about the helmet is that it may be too warm for me. I'm usually never get cold in my helmet but this one seems really warm and with the heating of the visor garage I think even on low I may be too hot. Helmet was super comfortable and liked not having a breath box when I tried it on.

Last edited:
I just bought an oxygen helmet . Love the fit and after using Mod1 , mod2 and BV2S with the breather stuck on my face for 19 years It feels great to be without it .It got to be claustrophobic for me. I just need to add the Uclear microphone and speakers and we should be ready for some serious miles .We ride a lot in very cold temperatures mostly northern Maine and Quebec.Mike P is one of my riding buddies and he seems to really like it .it worked really good during a bagger trip to Quebec last winter. It was very very cold with high winds, very low windchill temps.one thing I noticed is that the helmet is manufactured in China. I hope the helmet will hold up.I hate the amber sun visor but I noticed BRP offers a smoke colored sun visor.I had smoke on the mod 1 and the mod 2 couldn't get it for the BV2S. I think I'm going to buy two of them and switch out the amber one

Last edited:
I always used BRP modular 2 and 3 helmets with the mouth piece breather non electric. I hate cords! The problem for me is that in my advancing years I need glasses to see and read the trail map as well as the trail. M y glasses didnt work with the face guard because my nose piece on my glasses hit the tip of the breather and bounced around like crazy making my vision worse to be sure with bouncing glasses on the trail. So long story short I road without my glasses for the last 3 years. I tried Pro vue goggles and found they fogged and frosted over way to much for me. I purchased the Oxygen with high hopes of being A valid option for riding with glasses. At the price I sure hope it works well for me. I know getting used to having A cord will be A challenge for sure. But if I can ride fog free with my glasses it will be well worth every penny. fingers crossed LOL

I always used BRP modular 2 and 3 helmets with the mouth piece breather non electric. I hate cords! The problem for me is that in my advancing years I need glasses to see and read the trail map as well as the trail. M y glasses didnt work with the face guard because my nose piece on my glasses hit the tip of the breather and bounced around like crazy making my vision worse to be sure with bouncing glasses on the trail. So long story short I road without my glasses for the last 3 years. I tried Pro vue goggles and found they fogged and frosted over way to much for me. I purchased the Oxygen with high hopes of being A valid option for riding with glasses. At the price I sure hope it works well for me. I know getting used to having A cord will be A challenge for sure. But if I can ride fog free with my glasses it will be well worth every penny. fingers crossed LOL
Good luck.

Kevin, have you used yours with your glasses yet? Have any of you guys used the oxygen with glasses?

I haven't been out yet
But my buddy rode with his for the first time this weekend.
He did have some fogging on his glasses.
But figured out that vents need to be open and close visor completely after getting going

First ride yesterday
DO NOT buy this helmet if you wear glasses and you think it’s going to be magical
Glasses fog and you have to run with the visor cracked open.
I guess back to contacts
Damn it

First ride yesterday
DO NOT buy this helmet if you wear glasses and you think it’s going to be magical
Glasses fog and you have to run with the visor cracked open.
I guess back to contacts
Damn it

Other than the eye glasses fogging, which is probably a trick on almost every helmet, how did you like the other aspects of the helmet.

YES, thanks Kevin, I rode 4 days in the U.P. and did not have any luck wearing my glasses either. I had her turned up all the way and cracked shield up a touch and no luck. fogged really bad when breathing hard from aggressive riding. I just ended up not wearing my glasses.

So after a 200 mile day
Don't waste your $$ on this helmet
Not actually that quiet
Ices up around visor seal
Seems to work at its best at higher speeds
The built in neck guard freezes up, so when you take the helmet off it scratches your nose
Nott at all what I expected for that kind of $$$

Was talking to my dealer today and said to try riding with it cracked for the first mile so the helmet can warm up then close it , supposed to help glasses from fogging I guess.:dunno:

Back