• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Painting the NYTRO

Arnold08

Expert
Hi Im thinkin about havin my dad paint my nytro and he said he thought it mihgt have a clear on it and it would have to be sanded??? I dont think so he lives in indiana so hes never seen the sled in person. I dont think It does. And what paint are you guyz using

the hood and plastics are not painted at all, no clear or anything. the colored hoods from 08-09 are in color, plastic. white is white, blue is blue. similar to dirt bike plastic only alittle more refined if you will.

if you do any bush whackin or offtrail, i wouldnt be too picky about your painting of the panels, they might hold up ok but, they will look beat up after while. ski

Attachments

• JRE_Inv2394.pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 82
My hood is painted and it took a lot f sanding to prep it. When you paint it you need to use a ton of flex agent. My painter buddy did mine and was cursing pretty good.

Rx1M5

Guess i wont paint it its not really worth prep work I hate Paint Prep work more than anything else ill just buy arctive Fx Graphics

I've painted my sleds with House of Kolor urethane, lots of clear, no flex agent, and they have held up great! Different paints will naturally flex more, and be more durable. Base/clear systems tend to be more brittle, and need the flex in them. Urethanes are much more forgiving for the environment. Sled plastics really don't flex very much anyway. I'm not careful at all where I go with my sled, it's gonna get scratched, so just be ready to do some minor repairs/repainting in the off season.
shoppicssleds2040.jpg

shoppicssleds2038.jpg

Back