• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Performance head gasket?

snowprophet1

Veteran
We have a '07 Nytro which is the 3 cyl 1000cc carb model like the older 3 cyl ones. My question is...what is the stock thickness of the head gasket, and if there are thinner ones available, how small can you go before any clearance issues? I'm going to do some porting, and figured if I have it apart, probably raise the compression a smidge if a different gasket is available. Anybody know? THANKS!!! :Rockon:

If you're having the head ported, why not just have it milled too.

Whay take a chance on a thinner gasket that may or may not seal properly.

If I use a .010" thinner head gasket it will raise compression more than if I mill .010" off the head. I don't know how close you can get before you have clearance issues. I found out today I can get gaskets in thicknesses .030", .027", .018",and .010". Anybody do this or cut the head without clearance issues or throwing the cam timing off? Thanks.

I already have one on my apex. :Rockon: This Nytro is my little brother's sled. He and his wife just had their first baby the other week, so this is my "baby gift" to him...porting his sled. (he can't quite afford a turbo now!). Hey, wait a minute...I recongnize those teeth! You're not supposed to know about this! At least keep your mouth shut until he has a little fun with it (if it works)!

I've heard about your gay-pex, everyone said it's pretty wicked. You need to start racing it and takin some money from the Doo's and kitty kat lovers. Gotta start knocking them down a peg or two, and showing them why they should ride Yami's.

By the way, do you have a purple banshee????? Purple??? Come on!!

Heard it's also quick, even beat a semi-done up Firehawk in the 1/4 mile, NICE! Bet your bro was pissed gettin beat by a purple quad!

Back