• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Performance Mods! What is the best bang for your money?

JDMCRX said:
Oh no dout they work in the field but. People say only a hp or so . But the midrange picks up well too.

Just cuious how people liked them on the trails and so forth did they noticed a difference say coming in a turn and brut acceleration?

That's where they work, out of the hole, coming out of a corner ect. That's where you really notice the difference.
Ray

bang for the buck

the low end and mid range picks up a lot. these fillters work realy well right thro the whole rpm range. even on top end if your set up is right. ;)!

Jack_Shaft said:
Freddie has the dyno sheets to reinforce, I've seen them.

Thanks Jack_Shaft.

Unfortunately my old dyno computer broke and will not work any longer. I threw it away along with the many RX1 dynoruns with it. I am sure if you search the archives here, they are still around. I have many of these ECP RX1 Air Kits sold and so far I would say that 99.9% are happy customers.

Freddie Klies
www.easterncycleperf.com

With Freddies ECP filter/jetting/carb spring kit and Heavy hitter clutching, your sled will be 10+ sled lengths faster than stock in a 1/4 mile and get better gas milage too....

we talked and talked about his stuff 2 years ago..

THE KIT WORKS!! IT IS SWEEEEEEET! LOL

Thank you welterracer and Dynoray. Much appreciated. Everyone else who has my kit and has enjoyed the performance increase. My sincere thanks.

chrishall, fuel mileage increases despite the fact that we go with such a huge main jet. The reason being is, lets say before with the stock airbox, you had to squeeze the throttle open to 3/4 way open to maintain 60 MPH on a flat groomed trail, now with the improved poerformance and air flow, you only need to squeeze lets say 1/4 way open.

You will not be disappointed. Throttle response is nothing shy of super charged on nitrous too!

mod,s

note that you should only do one mod at a time. with the fillters you will find that the stk clutching will work a lot better then if your happy and want more just try the o/s/o primary spring and a set of 14.5 mm rollers.

Now this is my kind of topic! Listen to these guys, they know what they are talking about!

Yes, I too have the ECP filters on my RX-1 mountain and love them. Something I haven't seen touched on is the "sound" the filters make. They sound really cool. The sound is deep and throaty and makes you want to grab the throttle just to hear it and tap into your newly found very thick and satifying powerband.
Go to the Air filter (ECP filter) tab on this site to read more.

Another item that really works well with the RX-1 is the Fett Brother Heavy Hitters clutch weights. I tried over 25 clutch weights and believe me when I say they pull harder all the way through the powerband. With your new ECP filters you'll want the easy adjustability to be able to harness your newly acquired power.

Yes, the Orange/Silver/Orange primary spring (I even use a couple spring shims with it) works well in the primary. I have 15 mm rollers but will be ordering a set of 14.5 rollers to try as well.

The secondary........... I liked the Dalton 54/42 the best of those I tried but I would have liked to try a 56/42. Make sure you buy a progressive helix and not a stepped helix. There was a huge difference in performance.
Now, I am sold on this new Shockwave adjustable helix. If snow conditions change or if you go up and down in elevation it allows you to easily stay on top of your game by beling able to move your shift RPM where it needs to be in minutes.

Of course there are always adjusting the throttle position sensor, slotting your ignition pickup to advance your timing a couple degrees, and of course dropping a Fitch fuel catalyst into your fuel tank for good measure. There may even be some benefit to running hiperfax (depends on who you ask).

That's surely enough yammering from me.

Good luck

Frosty

performace

hey there frostebite. yes that 56R42 helx works very well. there are a lot of realy good clutch set up,s out there ;)! . i personaly have had realy good results with the stk arm,s and a little bit better with my dolton parts. i run differt set ups for differt days depending on what i plan on doing. and you are aboslutly right about the sound of those fillters. there great as its the last thing they hear before they see your tail lites fading in to the disance on the lake.the fillters just seem to make every thing work better ;)!

Thanks Black John.

There's a lot of little things a guy can do to make your sled faster. None of them make a big difference but added together they seem to help. Things like:

Ski alignment - the closer to perfectly parallel the faster you'll go.

Clutch alignment - 15 mm offset is my target.

Belt height- the higher the belt rides in the secondary the lower the gear you start out.

Clean your belt with a wire brush and wash with warm soapy water to remove any gook. I personally use a bulb shaped wire ball in the end of my Dewalt to take the sheen off the belt after each ride.

Switch to synthetic gear lube, the lighter the better (within reason).

Swap your stock plugs for the -10 plugs. If Freddie says they make a difference you can take it to the bank.

Synch your carbs - if you don't you are leaving performance on the table.

There are plenty more of these inexpensive performance enhancers. Perhaps someone else will share?

Good luck

Frosty

That is why this is such a great site. Everyone is willing to help you out with anything. Lots of good tips there.

Back