• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Exhaust vs. other aftermarket exhaust - Performance drop??

Replace MPI Exhaust?

• Keep MPI exhaust

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR VIPER MT-X W/MPI TURBO. 153”
I have the stage 2 MPI full kit for my 2015 MTX. I notice my MPI exhaust is really heavy, wondering if a light weight exhaust replacement like MBRP might be beneficial for weight loss/handling etc. I am wondering if I would lose HP if the MPI exhaust is in tune with the rest of the sled.
What do you guys think? Leave in the MPI or swap it out? The MPI exhaust is like $500 new.

The MPI exhaust is very restrictive and will flow way better if you can find one that will bolts on thats more direct exit.

The MPI exhaust is very restrictive and will flow way better if you can find one that will bolts on thats more direct exit.
Thats what I was thinking. Might just swap it out for one that breathes better, but also won't call the Game Warden in.

Thats what I was thinking. Might just swap it out for one that breathes better, but also won't call the Game Warden in.
That’s the hardest part. To get one that’s not load as hell. If you can find a MPI race can that works great but I had to have Ulmer weld in a baffle at the bottom to knock the bark off it. @Srxspec

IMG_3540.JPG
IMG_3543.JPG
Can is loud, it is the can sold from MPI as an option. I have only used it a hand full of times.

The D&D can makes the most power...It's a 2.5 inch and flows better then the 2 inch AERO.

Last edited:
Old thread I know but I'm looking for a loud can for the mpi turbo on my 2015 or even a flange so I can build my own

Would I have to changes any gems settings if I go straight pipe? .. from what I understand there pretty rich as is so I think it would be OK

Would I have to changes any gems settings if I go straight pipe? .. from what I understand there pretty rich as is so I think it would be OK
Your going from quiet can to more straight thru. Yes the Gems will need to be adjusted a little and you will also need to check your boost level. Sometimes you can see overboosting with more free flow exhaust.

Back