• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Performance upgrades for injection VEctor exept turbo

super_rash

Expert
Country
Canada
Hello all,
i haven't been in this section in a long time, i'm looking for a used Vector to ride fast and light. i need power steering and prefer the light feel of the vector instead of the heavy feel of the apex, but i would like 10-15 hp more and 10-15 km|h more out of the vector...

i'm thinking clutch kit, smaller gear (one tooth), excell header, commander 5 box.

with this, will i get my objective ? what else can there be done,

thanks.

OK, after looking it up, it's about 40 lbs but it feels a lot heavier in the ruff stuff, i had 2 ltx apex's before power steering and a Vector LTX and it was so much lighter to drive, lower center of gravity also.

Last edited:
Wow. Didn't realize that the Apex motor was that much heavier. If that is accurate Vector should have a large power to weight advantage over the Apex making it faster than the Apex.:dunno:

power to weight is still greater with the apex....usually 10lbs = 1hp but, the engines power delivery is vastly different between the two motors. I actually prefer the vector motor for its torque for regular trail riding.....oh ya that is until you hit a wide open space and the apex goes blowing by you.

super_rash...ulmer racing has a kit that sounds like what your looking for.

cheers

Back