• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Perplexing results today??

Jt, are you coming to ty ride by chance?
We will be there, I could bring my old turboforce for you to try

I got a TD turboforce 2.5 with 120 miles on it sitting on the shelf? I will be UP 15-26. These TD tunes are based off what exhaust your running. Also CAI, 2 bar, 3 bar. ETC.

Interior pic of my muffler. I just find it so hard to believe that this design cannot flow enough?!?!
Screenshot_20221202-130240~2_copy_360x261.png

Interior pic of my muffler. I just find it so hard to believe that this design cannot flow enough?!?! View attachment 171352
Not enough flow.
If you have a guy making you a muffler, make a straight through design. Every time that exhaust has to make a turn, it's a restriction.
Cut that muffler off and weld a bullet type on there to test. Should be cheap, quick and easy. That will tell you if you have a flow problem.

I live in the world of 91 (non-ethanol) so I've found 1oz of boostain per 10 gallons will shut the deto lights off.
Also testing in 25° f+/-.
I did a boost leak test last week I found when decompressing from 20 psi to 10 psi that the needle from 20 to 16 1/2 swept fairly quickly and then slowed down. After securing all the clamps I had a nice steady progression on the needle from 20psi down to 10psi. I then stopped watching gauge.
You are likely fine with the 91 and boostain. But just know lots of timing can be pulled before the deto light goes off. Not saying this is your problem but keep in mind. go up in Octane and test again if you find no other problems.

We built a pair of mufflers with magnaflow xl bodies, looks like same muffler design. They ran good for us, but eventually got loud.
I was running 74 grams, qay70s, stock springs & helix, 9050rpm on powertrail, 3bar sensor, no cold air

Not good, very restrictive, i can almost say that is your problem, my offer still stands.
quit sugar coating things and tell me how you really feel? Lol.
Your welcome to try the 2.5 Turboforce I have also
yes, please give me a day to think things thru and consider. Ty, jon
Not enough flow.
If you have a guy making you a muffler, make a straight through design. Every time that exhaust has to make a turn, it's a restriction.
Cut that muffler off and weld a bullet type on there to test. Should be cheap, quick and easy. That will tell you if you have a flow problem.
Understand your direction. yes, this can be corrected.
My guy works ummm at a very methodical pace. Job like this will definitely take a few weeks. Better to approach him in the off-season.

You are likely fine with the 91 and boostain. But just know lots of timing can be pulled before the deto light goes off. Not saying this is your problem but keep in mind. go up in Octane and test again if you find no other problems.
Definitely.... I assume once the lights on it's already doing its job.
It did come on today on my first Pull. But I anticipated it and added .5oz to 5gal.
And the Boostane doesn't work right away. You got to ride it around for 5min to get it to mix.
We built a pair of mufflers with magnaflow xl bodies, looks like same muffler design. They ran good for us, but eventually got loud.
I was running 74 grams, qay70s, stock springs & helix, 9050rpm on powertrail, 3bar sensor, no cold air
Tom, which belt?
I think if I want to stay at this power level I just need to consider a 3 bar map.

Jt, are you coming to ty ride by chance?
We will be there, I could bring my old turboforce for you to try
Tom, I wasn't planning on it. I can't even ride, period.
Need to get things ruled out & resolved before I could even consider taking a trip.
I hope that gives you an idea on where my mind's at.
I know the sled runs good....but it's just not right. Ty for the offer. Very nice of you.

I’m following all these discussions closely as one can never learn enough. One question i have is ot safe to assume that everyone posting clutch weights is running the stock sidewinder clutch and not the apex style??

Definitely.... I assume once the lights on it's already doing its job.
It did come on today on my first Pull. But I anticipated it and added .5oz to 5gal.
And the Boostane doesn't work right away. You got to ride it around for 5min to get it to mix.

Tom, which belt?
I think if I want to stay at this power level I just need to consider a 3 bar map.
Sorry xs825

Did you check your exhaust pipe coming to turbo for leaks, mine was doing the same, ran fine but not making power, I have hurricane tunes, talked to Dave and he had me put thin rubber in pipe next to turbo and reclamp then pressure test, the lower clamp by gas tank was leaking bad, took some messing around to get it to seal but I have my power back now.

Back