• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Perplexing results today??

JT,
You got to try a different muffler on there ASAP. That muffler is killing you I believe, get a known good muffler on before doing anything. Seen this before with homemade or cheap mufflers.

Also, get some more Boostane or better fuel in there. Lights on the dash = not good. Lots of timing being pulled befor the dash lights up, dash flashing is a lot of HP being pulled!

I’m following all these discussions closely as one can never learn enough. One question i have is ot safe to assume that everyone posting clutch weights is running the stock sidewinder clutch and not the apex style??
Honestly, good question. I suppose we assume for the most part.
I look for clues. Dalton black orange v2 6/2, Qay-70's, etc.
Those two clues let me know he's using a primary and secondary from Yamaha.
I also think for the most part guys are pretty clear. Especially when trying to help others.

Did you check your exhaust pipe coming to turbo for leaks, mine was doing the same, ran fine but not making power, I have hurricane tunes, talked to Dave and he had me put thin rubber in pipe next to turbo and reclamp then pressure test, the lower clamp by gas tank was leaking bad, took some messing around to get it to seal but I have my power back now.
I performed a boost leak test. And did not test those clamps! I'll retest this week and verify. Ty

JT,
You got to try a different muffler on there ASAP. That muffler is killing you I believe, get a known good muffler on before doing anything. Seen this before with homemade or cheap mufflers.

Also, get some more Boostane or better fuel in there. Lights on the dash = not good. Lots of timing being pulled befor the dash lights up, dash flashing is a lot of HP being pulled!
Well to be honest, it wasn't that cheap. Just may need an adjustment.
I wanted quite first and foremost. Going to a 2.5" versus the factory 2" I thought would help no matter what. And didn't know the risk of buying the bundles.
Click 250, click 270, click 280.
I don't remember signing a disclaimer?!?!
I think you were right the whole time....240 & an XS825.

My sled came with GGB mountain can..straight thru design. i was running 72ssh grams on ms17, put td stock mod muffler 3inch on running 76 grams, 18.2 boost, 9000ssh rpm. could very well be your muffler.

Were the boost readouts different for each tune?
I didn't get to that point with certainty. I tried 280 at 9000 a few times then click to 270 and saw the same RPM and I thought I was crazy. So I clicked it again to 250 and RPMs 9000.
This went on for a while while I was practicing holeshots.
Everything's going to turn to mud in the next 48 hours.

My sled came with GGB mountain can..straight thru design. i was running 72ssh grams on ms17, put td stock mod muffler 3inch on running 76 grams, 18.2 boost, 9000ssh rpm. could very well be your muffler.
I'm starting to believe it's true.

I didn't get to that point with certainty. I tried 280 at 9000 a few times then click to 270 and saw the same RPM and I thought I was crazy. So I clicked it again to 250 and RPMs 9000.
This went on for a while while I was practicing holeshots.
Everything's going to turn to mud in the next 48 hours.
Are you 100% sure the tunes are being switched and not locked on a certain tune? There should be a difference between each tune, boost reading, rpm something.

Are you 100% sure the tunes are being switched and not locked on a certain tune? There should be a difference between each tune, boost reading, rpm something.
The only thing that's on the dash is the horsepower reading up in the left hand corner. And you toggle it with the left upper toggle switch.
I actually have to look at it to make sure it switches.

I said this to another member, "if not for the multitune bundle I would have never known there was a problem"

I said this to another member, "if not for the multitune bundle I would have never known there was a problem"
To bad the weather was not cooperating with you and you had someone close to borrow there muffler and 3bar,cai(if you dont have one). Only takes minutes to change and may give you an idea if one or all items are needed.

To bad the weather was not cooperating with you and you had someone close to borrow there muffler and 3bar,cai(if you dont have one). Only takes minutes to change and may give you an idea if one or all items are needed.
I have gotten offers on mufflers. So that's being arranged.
With 40's coming, could be a while for results.
Other than today, I've been testing 5hrs away. And even their conditions have been less than perfect with warm temps and horrible lake surfaces.

Do you recall boost numbers with the GGB
Obviously less to have to add 4 grams

How does the sound compare between the two

I understand how you feel JT, nothing is more frustrating then having something not quite right and not being able to solve it right away.I could not be a guy with a snowmobile and not have miles and miles of groomed trail in my backyard, I would lose my mind in situations like this. For now I think you should focus your attention on the exhaust. Dont worry about 3 bar sensor or CAI or any of that stuff. None of it is going to make the change you are looking for. With pefi muffler on my sled all of my td tunes made proper boost levels except max 20. I ran 17.8-18.2 on max spool 17 so youd think it was making full power but it wasnt. For whatever reason hurricane 270 only made 16-16.2psi with pefi muffler and 17.5 or so with superquiet. Took me a bit to figure out as I didnt suspect muffler because ms17 made good boost. Eliminate the muffler as the issue and then continue down the list if we are all wrong.

Do you recall boost numbers with the GGB
Obviously less to have to add 4 grams

How does the sound compare between the two
Can't recall exact boost #details but it was a little lower. The GGB had a terrible drone. Just drove me nuts..enough to spend $600 on a muffler. The stock mod is a little louder at idle and lower speed. No drone. At crusing speed 45mph plus sounds close to stock..little deeper when you get into it. Overall I really like it.

Back