• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Personal Power Source

looks interesting-cheaper on Amazon.

all the tool distributors I deal with at work are trying to sell me something similar. I always have booster cables, so the point is moot for me. have rocks smart supply on the apex and the et so as long as sled runs, charging will happen.

We bought a couple at work and they are good, have turned over everything we have tried them on. Including 3/4 ton diesels. Have not tried them in the cold yet. I am going to have one to carry on my sled when riding if they work in the cold.

I have a 300 amp boost on my battery charger. If a vehicle does not start because of cold weather and not plugged in the 300 amp does next to nothing. In warm weather the 300 amp will spin over a vehicle that killed the battery because lights where left on like its summer, go figure!

Now for a sled if ya left the key on and killed the battery when going in for grub it probably would work fine but a cold -38 morning and you killed your battery 200amps is not much! Small motors are easier to turn over so its a second chance.

I have a much bigger booster pack that will in a pinch work fine in warm weather. Warm motor in the cold it works but it has the same problem in the cold. Not enough cranking amps and not enough life. For a sled it might work fine. I carry booster cables, a 1.5 amp charger and put more faith in them.

Charging your cell would probably be its biggest use! In a pinch it could be very handy for even more then boosting a sled. A few sparks and some steel wool will get you a nice fire. I carry fire starter but this could do the same thing.

Back