• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer GT (demo)

swamps

Extreme
Hey Guys,

Got a chance to try out the GT on the weekend really enjoyed it, but I did notice one time I jumped it from the top of snow ridge drift and bottomed the rear suspension out at the bottom of the ditch. I would say about 2 ft drop but not much snow to land in. Maybe 5 inches of snow.

Either way I'm sold on a machine, but I think an FX would be more suited for my style of riding, any thoughts on the difference between the two types of Phazers?

I really enjoy the crisp throttle response, agility, and overall feel of the machine is just great. What a fun machine!!!

One thing the dealer said was that you can't get a windshield for the FX but the GT you can...
Can you just order a GT windshield and modify it onto the FX?

Thanks in advance,

Casey

swamps said:
Hey Guys,

Got a chance to try out the GT on the weekend really enjoyed it, but I did notice one time I jumped it from the top of snow ridge drift and bottomed the rear suspension out at the bottom of the ditch. I would say about 2 ft drop but not much snow to land in. Maybe 5 inches of snow.

Either way I'm sold on a machine, but I think an FX would be more suited for my style of riding, any thoughts on the difference between the two types of Phazers?

I really enjoy the crisp throttle response, agility, and overall feel of the machine is just great. What a fun machine!!!

One thing the dealer said was that you can't get a windshield for the FX but the GT you can...
Can you just order a GT windshield and modify it onto the FX?

Thanks in advance,

Casey

huge difference between the gt & fx, get the fx if you like to jump the suspension set-up is awesome

That was the feeling I got as well, not sure why the dealer would tell me you can't get a windshield for the FX, I've seen lots of pictures with FX's having windshields.

WARNING, WARNING!!!

We installed a GT windshield on a FX.....

Would not fit in a two place enclosed Worthington Trailer.

Check the enclosures height first!

Had to put the Stock FX shield back on.

BTW, the stock windshield was fine for ~ 5 degree F temps.

No colder than a Rev....

hmmmm that is strange the dealer tried to tell me they only ordered GT's because they thought the FX's didn't have windshields. (I just shook my head, maybe I should try another dealer lol)

all the preseason literature showed them without windshields... but they all come with the low flyscren type shield.... just like the attak didnt show up in the literature in black....

I hear ya, when I picked mine up I put it reverse to load it and the mechanic was shocked he had no idea it had reverse. I learn more on hear to be more than confedant to do my own servicing and repairs. the only time it's going to the dealer is if it's a warrenty issue. Hopefully they'll get better at them as time goes on.

Yup, my dealer didn't know much either...
they just sorta left me outside with the sled to load it up by myself... didn't even give me a run down on the machine..
but then again, I didn't really need one, but it would have been nice.

The fx dont have the wind guards that the gt have. I have put the guards from the gt on my fx and they help alot :-o

keithstef said:
WARNING, WARNING!!!

We installed a GT windshield on a FX.....

Would not fit in a two place enclosed Worthington Trailer.

Check the enclosures height first!

Had to put the Stock FX shield back on.

BTW, the stock windshield was fine for ~ 5 degree F temps.

No colder than a Rev....
Ran into the same issue, simply removed the windshield until I reached my destination then put it back on after I unloaded. Four allen head capscrews, takes maybe two minutes at the most.

While the stock windshield may be fine, (I don't agree personally), the tall windshield is awesome for wind protection.
:yam:

GT windshield on FX

Attachments

• IMAGE_012.jpg
    IMAGE_012.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 83

Back