• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer versus field culvert.....not good....

Vmax540

Expert
Website
www.vintagevmax.com
Let my son ride the 08 RTX and the ski stuck into a Field culvert pipe the sled twisted like a bucking bronco throwing him then did a couple end overs. Short story.... he is ok (which is the only thing I care about) just his pride and a few muscles are bruised. Anyone know where I can find upper & lower a-arms and a radiator in which the upper arm took out ? I will take the frame assembly to a welding and should turn out ok since, it appears the mounts where simply ripped without any tweeks to the assembly. The top mount hole of the shock is cracked is this weldable or replaceable ? The sway bar is slightly bent outwards and the control arm is bent which, I will straighten. I will replace all a-arm mounting bolts in which some were snapped like twigs ! Thanks for any help ! Chuck cccsche@gmail.com

Attachments

• Sharon 1-22-2011 064.jpg
    Sharon 1-22-2011 064.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Sharon 1-22-2011 065.jpg
    Sharon 1-22-2011 065.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Sharon 1-22-2011 067.jpg
    Sharon 1-22-2011 067.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Sharon 1-22-2011 068.jpg
    Sharon 1-22-2011 068.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 81
  • Sharon 1-22-2011 074.jpg
    Sharon 1-22-2011 074.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 84

Wow scary!Glad he is okay.That top shock mount is replaceable but whole shock should be checked since shaft is probably bent also.

less damage then what I had.
I still have a lower right a-arm and a radiator for sale. I will sell it for less then you can find them.

Wow thats scary, glad he is ok. I have 13yr old driver also, worry bout stuff like that.

Timbersled products has arm kits with spindles that are cheaper than buying 2 arms. Now you got a good reason to change out the stock skis for aftermarket, ha ha kiddin glad your boy is ok.

Glad your son is ok!, this happened to me also except I hooked into a piece of rebar sticking out from concrete. I went flying over the bars, and had to limp my way home... not fun stuff, but a part of the game. I definitely grew more cautious of what is underneath the snow! Tell your son not to let it get him down about snowmobiling, its just a lesson I suppose.

P.s good luck with those repairs, hope to see you back on the snow asap!

Thanks for all the support ! He is a good kid and is truly so, heartbroken for wrecking dads sled that I could not even think of getting upset. Are not some of the arms different lenght on certian models ? Any suggestions on who to send the shock for repair I am in W Pa. not that it matters. I could be interested in a set of OEM ski/'s since the inside mounting hole was streched almost twice its size ! Thanks !

07' FX, 08'-11' RTX lower arms should work for you. ALL short track uppers will work. ALL GT use a different style swaybar/Lower ARM. I can't remember what style swaybar the standard has. NO MTX arms, though an MTX swawbar WILL work, slightly stiffer though.

TOO all though who complain the Phazer Arms are too weak just look at those pictures, no doubt in my mine the "WEAK" arms probably saved damage to the rest of the sled, and his KID!

Hope your son recoops fast and gets back out there soon.

I hear Yamaha is partnering up with LEGO for a new Phazer chassis in 2012. It will just snap together with a little "Polaris" style glue and fall apart during impact. All you need to do is find all the parts and snap them back together. Just remember to stay away from white sled parts, pack a bottle of Polarglue and you'll be OK.

Its a crappy feeling to have an accident when its your own sled. Couple that with being young and not owning the sled he must feel terrible, I know I would have at that age. Tell him to keep his chin up. Can you guys fix it together as a project? I'm sure he would learn a lot and feel like he helped 'repay the debt' if you know what I mean.

Back