• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer vs. Indy500

Mr.snow

I currently own a 98 Indy5 and want a 4 stroke with comparabile power and top end.
Now that you guys had ridden your sleds for a season, I was wondering if you had a chance to line up with any 500 2 strokes.

Also did you guys clutch and stud your sleds?

Thanks. ;)!

Yesterday I lined up with a renegade 800ho 2007. The gade had 700km on it and distance was aprox 150-200meters. He got 1 1/2 sled lenght on me from start but I could hold up with him to the end. Aprox 110kmph/69mph but then he was gone. Pretty good for a 80hp 4stroke vs a 145hp 2stroke engine. We tryed several times with the same result. I did not belive it and either did the owner of that doo.

my buddy has a 440 polaris and He can't stay with my Gt, I have did nothing to my sled, you will get alot better fuel mileage with a 4 stroke

only thing I've lined up with is my old 95 XCR 600
and well, the phazer(mtn lite) got whooped
I shouldn't even mention the 200lb rider on the XCR

Could be the gearing on the mtn lite, or the
modding on the XCR.

i regularly ride with a 03 indy 500 with power valves and in a drag race i get him out of the hole till about 50 and then he pulls me to 90 but in the trail he does every thing he can to pass me and cant even when we come to some decent fields as long as i know the trails i prepare and get away as much as i can hes use to me riding a big sled so he thinks hes got a chance so i guess if you can outride them any thing is beatable

I have raced a phazer fx against an 03 polaris edge X 500 with powervalves.
Both are completly stock, no studs. I only raced once and they both got off the line the same, but just about right away the polaris started to creep ahead and was about 1-2 sled length ahead after about 600 feet. I would say the phazer power is comparable to a 500cc 2stroke but you dont have to wait for the rpms to rise way up to have the sled really take off.

With ulmer clutch kit I was 1-2 sled lengths ahead of a 600 SDI and 900 Switchback to 50mph, but then all I saw was snow dust. They were really pissed that I took them out of the hole with my little phazer fx.

Otis

seanmurphy26 said:
dead even with a f5, i was very surprised

I raced a 07 F5 LXR with 96?? studs I think vs my bone stock phazer. The rider of the f5 was 150 dripping wet vs my 220. We were neck and neck till 50 or so (when my ski's finally touched!) then I bailed because it was on a trail and a corner was comming (read possible person coming the other way). Considering he had a much better hole shot and I staid with him. The Max sled weight challenge has the Phazer fx @560lbs and the F5 LXR @620 so with our rider weight differences I'd say they were darn close on weight. If I had studs and hooked it woulda been over.

Back