• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phone charging while riding issue

Is it coming loose at the 12v connector? if so, a higher quality connector with usb may help.

On a side note, purchased the Trail Systems mount kit for SW, it comes with the mounting Ram system, case and charger. It is made to install on our sleds quickly, no drilling etc. Really pleased with it, saves buying a gps, keeps the phone warm, charged, and i have trail maps, gps, whatever you want in front of you.
MS

if you have those usb push ins for the 12v cigarett lighter, they vibrate out, i used to put a small dab of silicone on side and push in and hold till cure. now ive switche 12v plug out for a dual usb style.. slides right into same spot and shows voltage aswell. you just have to file a little on side for flat spot as factory or make the hole in hood round... it is same size. looks great too

Attachments

• 12volt.jpg
    12volt.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 89
if you have those usb push ins for the 12v cigarett lighter, they vibrate out, i used to put a small dab of silicone on side and push in and hold till cure. now ive switche 12v plug out for a dual usb style.. slides right into same spot and shows voltage aswell. you just have to file a little on side for flat spot as factory or make the hole in hood round... it is same size. looks great too
where did you get that new plug ?

I run the Rocztoys power supply on my Vipers and have never had the cable come out of my iPhone in the goggle bag. I did by 90* cords for them as the regular ones were just a tad tight. Bag keeps phone warm, power supply keeps phone charged, Sena S50 keeps music flowing and Chubby Buttons makes it all work with gloves on.
what is 90* cords ? pic ?

the cord has a 90 degree end on it so the wire comes off the side of the connector instead of straight out.

Attachments

• iphone cord.jpg
    iphone cord.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 78
Another non wired option is to purchase a “RXL battery case” . It doubles as a phone protective cover with a battery pack that can be activated to charge your phone when the battery is low. They claim 2-3 full phone charges if its charged up.
I just got one so am testing it now.
5DA443BA-785C-4CB2-8647-B6920983EB50.jpeg

Makes the phone a bit thicker and heavier but hopefully will give peace of mind when i know charging cords aren’t available.

the nice part of it in the goggle bag is it stays warm and we know these phones die in the cold. that dual plug with volt display i got on amazon, i got them for both sleds.

If you keep the phone in the 'goggle bag' in the console, i found under operation the phone still got cold. The two vents on the front of the hood funnel air across the top of the motor area, and on a cold day its quite chilly. Sure while idling it gets warm but by then the phone is froze solid.

I purchased a credit card size heating element from brp that plugs into the heated visor connector and it worked great. Phone was always toasty.
MS

I am trying to charge my phone in the goggle bag while riding , but inevitably the charge cord becomes un hooked .
Anyone having this issue , and have a solution ?
This is what I use,
I can charge my phone directly from my visor cable while I leave the phone is the bag.

www.adrenalink.ca

Attachments

• ADR KIT 2024.jpg
    ADR KIT 2024.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 41

Back