• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pick up an 09 phazer wanted input

bigdog_mike

Lifetime Member
Brought an used 09 Phazer and wanted some input on any problems with this model year 09, any hyfax wear issues, or if needing marginal snow wheels or oversize wheels would help with long hyfax wear. Also any engine issues, suspension issues, skis, studs, tunnel bending issues, tunnel protection needed?, any help would be greatly appreaciated. ;)!

The only issues were on the 07's...yamaha closed the rear hole in 09 (i think) so you shouldn't have any iceing issues..Phazers eat hyfax about every 400 miles (mine does)..I just put some low snow wheels on so hopefully that takes care of the problem..it's an awesome sled, just ride it like a four wheeler and you'll love the way it handles..bad #*$&@ trail sled!!!

I did over 2000km on my hyfax without any wear lat winter with the extra wheels. I also took the time to kick snow in there whenever riding in an area without loose snow.

my hyfax was the only thing that lasted, haha it was fun being the guinea pig though as i have a year more experience [fun] than most lol

What do you mean my hyfax is the only thing that lasted? You are scaring me lol. That is my wife's sled so I need to know what to look for.

if you break in your hyfax, they will last - you need good fresh snow to do it right - heat em up and then put it in the deep snow and let it sit - do that a couple times seems to set them up - i've had sets last a thousand miles and other sets last 500 - you have to pull the limiter strap in as well.

What ski's are you using on the RTX woolyviper? Or if stock what carbides? My wife just got an 2009 RTx and i was thinking about snowtrackers on the stock ski's or maybe slydogs??? input anyone??

i've got simmons on the 09 phazer - i ran c&a's on the 07.

There is an overheating issue due to snow ice build up on the front heat exchanger under certain conditions snow conditions even with the fan installed. There is 2 things that can be done. The first one is going to a freeride track, this helps clear out the snow dam in the heat exchanger. The second thing that can be done is grind down the lip at the bottom of the heat exchanger. This allows the snow dam to clear out easier. Ok now back to the freeride track. Now with the freeride track on hard packed surfaces the sliders dont seem to get as much snow kicked up on them as with the stock track. This is whati have found on my machine.

Otter

Back