• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picked up 2022 Snoscoot

Iflywhatevr

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 STX-GT
Picked up my 2022 last week that I ordered last spring dealer said they had 8 sold but Yamaha cut their allocation to 5 after the fact. Luckily I was #1 on the order list so got my preferred color but they admitted there were going to be some unhappy customers and kids. Anyone added an hour meter to one of these? Seems to make sense since the maintenance is hour based rather than mileage like the bigger sleds?

Attachments

• CE1877BE-5493-4469-9D0D-904567A42F1B.jpeg
    CE1877BE-5493-4469-9D0D-904567A42F1B.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 132

Congrats! They'll love it.

Don't think you need to worry. With synthetic no way they can ride it enough to need to change the oil in season.

Hi!
Yes, I am one of those VERY unsatisfied customers.
I planned this for christmas all along for my two sons, 9 months in advance.
Ordered in March, placed 500$ deposit, went through the financing application (accepted, but it negatively affected my score).
I purchased a bunch of stuff, even color matching snowsuits for christmas for this snowmobile.

They had 8 months to contact us... Yamaha Canada did NOT.
They could have said they may encounter issues with parts, and offer benefits for those willing to cancel their order.
I may have settled for the ZR 200 (99% the same vehicle) Which are not available anywhere for Christmas now that it's Nov 30th...
They sent letters with lists of cancelled orders to dealerships 2 weeks ago.
Most salespeople left for CERB, severe staff shortage. So callbacks to customers took a couple weeks.

I don't know how Yamaha can make this right. But doing nothing and hoping it will blow over was not the right decision idea.
Especially with all the down payments that they used to cash in on high returns over the last 9 months.

If anyone knows there there is a zr 200 or a snoscoot available, please let me know asap.

I saw a zr 200 on kijiji in Timmins Ontario but buddy wanted an arm and a leg for it …

I originally figured my salesman bought my snowmobile, in order to resell it for more. But after talking to Yamaha Canada, it's true that it was cancelled and the dealership is not getting it.

I called back in May and put $500 down on mine. At the time I was 4th on the list and they were slated for 8. I called again about every month and at some point in late summer they said they had cut all the ones that weren't paid for, but were being guaranteed the 4 they had payments on. It was supposed to be in early in November.

I called shortly after that and it was pushed back to early December. It did arrive and my daughter has been loving it. It'll need some more speed for next year, or we'll make her wait one more year before getting a Venom when she turns 12 and can ride the public trails with us.

These are trail legal, so it depends what kind of speed you want for her. I was told to concentrate on clutch alignment, and reducing friction if I want more top end.

I can definitely see a hazard if a rider is doing 100 km/hr on a trail, and comes up to a snoscoot doing 35 in a bend.

I had huge hopes for the 400 class, venom or blast. I think they can make them a bit lighter, smaller, and cheaper though. Weight and size is very close to the Backcountry/renegade sport or mxz sport, and essentially the same price.

I'd love to see a 400 with weight reduction mods, and costs associated. I know that full size muffler is heavy, that alone can maybe make it sub 400 lbs.

I was starting to roll that around in my head after getting her on one at the local showroom: they are small, but not a whole lot smaller. You're not wrong on the price either. The nice thing is that her brother is 3 years behind her, so I have a 2-kid cycle to go through with any machine I put money into. I sped up their 2019 SRX120 with a midwest mini economy speed kit and that bought us at least an extra year for either kid.

I'd never let her lead for exactly that reason. We live right in the heart of our local trail network, just over a mile across open field ditches to access them. We actually choose our direction and timing very carefully based on where we know other riders will be. 11AM on a Tuesday because we have a snow day? We'll ride to a bar as a family and have lunch, followed by cheese curds and root beer at the next stop. 4PM on a Saturday and we'll ride the 50 mile loop to the north with no stops.

Back