• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pipe Question

Noodlesnytro

I am thinking of putting a pipe on my 08 RTX... What is everyone running, where did you get it from, and has it affected your performance at all?

And i guess i should throw this out there... is it legal...if not what is the fine?

:nos

MBRP slip on here from Royal, sounds very nice not too loud once warmed up and yes its illegal here in Ontario but passed three checkpoints last weekend and none of them said anything about it as it looks stock and isnt too loud if you are gentle with the flipper.

Bender slip on, Sounds amazing!!! :Rockon: Havent got in trouble and passed lots of DNR!
I heard fines at the highest of 275, but that was a guy with a 2 stroke with a can it was LOUD! Almost too loud, but you should be fine

Excell header with MPI slip on. Love it. Not to loud but honestly at the end of a 200 mile day you're ready to shut it down. I noticed a big performance gain on the bottom and mid range and maybe a touch on top end. Go see Ulmer Racing...Alan will hook you up.

My suggestion is to use the Excell header and the stock muffler combo. It's not any louder so the DNR will be happy with you and does boost the performance. I confirmed this when I rode a 2011 demo last weekend. The 2011 seemed a little flat compared to my '08 with the header.

shaddow44 said:
Hindle...eliminate flex joints and donuts!

I know you are a friend of a friend of Hindle. Any dyno numbers yet? Two weeks ago it went in for dyno time and nothing. They lost my sale as I bought a team tied setup as I could not wait any longer. But I could be interested next season. Thanks

rrxx-1 said:
shaddow44 said:
Hindle...eliminate flex joints and donuts!

I know you are a friend of a friend of Hindle. Any dyno numbers yet? Two weeks ago it went in for dyno time and nothing. They lost my sale as I bought a team tied setup as I could not wait any longer. But I could be interested next season. Thanks

Pm'd ya ;)!

poleclimber said:
deanbob said:
I have a aaen header and slincer it sounds great and about 14 h.p.

i know this is what their website says but I find it hard to believe...wish it were true though...thats cheap hp

Oliv Aaen has been doing this for a long long time and I would find it hard to believe if he would some how fabricate his numbers to get this gain. Just remember to acheive this 14hp you need the header, pipe, and fuel accelerator.

lukesju said:
poleclimber said:
deanbob said:

i know this is what their website says but I find it hard to believe...wish it were true though...thats cheap hp

Oliv Aaen has been doing this for a long long time and I would find it hard to believe if he would some how fabricate his numbers to get this gain. Just remember to acheive this 14hp you need the header, pipe, and fuel accelerator.

I'd bet money that not evey guy will get 14hp out of that system...and if you add the quiet core to it you can count on a couple of hp lost. I will say it looks like a nice piece though...and it's all preference...I think all of the headers out there make worth while gains.

mytro said:
deanbob said:

Do you need to change any fuel settings when installing a slip on???

Thanks

I dont belive you have to change feul settings with just the slip on..With the pipe and header you will need a power commander!! :yam:

Back