• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

poo sled vs srx 600

If your son weighs 120lbs and the guy on the strom weighs 250lbs it should be close. If both sleds are in a good state of tune the storm has aprox 20 HP more. Weight is about the same of both sleds. Eric

RX1 Dad, I don't think people caught that it was an SRX 600, good luck your son will be giving up about 40 HP. SRX 600's run great for a 600 but not quite sa fast as the SRX 700. He may get him on the start and don't run more that 600 FT or he will be in big trouble! Threw the trail and twistie's that 600 will eat that big tank up! enjoy and have fun! Bluebullet

I know a fella from Manitoba that has a 600 SRX, and it is flatout setup! He ran with ALL the big dogs during the last TY ride. PM SRXTWINS for info. He can give ya' some pointers.

Dave ;)!

I seen he said 600. A srx 600 makes right at 120 hp and the 800 poo is right at 140 IF its running right. Depends alot on rider weight. Eric

Bluebullet said:
RX1 Dad, I don't think people caught that it was an SRX 600, good luck your son will be giving up about 40 HP. SRX 600's run great for a 600 but not quite sa fast as the SRX 700. He may get him on the start and don't run more that 600 FT or he will be in big trouble! Threw the trail and twistie's that 600 will eat that big tank up! enjoy and have fun! Bluebullet
The srx 600 was real close to 120 hp and ran almost as good as the 700 srx and the storm all of them as 800s were around 135-138 none were at 140 stock,the 99xcr800 was only 152-156 stock and that was good ones,and the 99 xcr i had would smoke either one of my storms 93 750 and 98 800 so i know from running the little 600 srx if you run him in under 1/4 mile you should be slightly ahead at 660 and him gaining on you at 1,000 and he may just start to go past at 1/4 mile,now that is if both are all stock,everything goes out the window once mods start..

Im with snowbeast.....1000ft its going to catch you.

My sx600r will get the jump and outrun until about 80mph. Then the storm starts passing. Stock for Stock.

My 93 750 storm was so heavy it wasnt even funny. But that tripple tripple sounded mean! They have pretty good top end.

He should be in front at the beginning then the bigger bore will catch him. He should be able to hang with him pretty good I would guess.

RX-1 DAD/SRX SON said:
Great info guy's this is really helping alot,may have to BEEF the clutch a little,ya know.....suprise.....LOL
Add as much weight to your weight arms as you can till your clutchs run cool,i have seen 600srxs run high teens as in 116-118 mph radar on some ice ponds under exstreem good clutching.

600 srx has got to run at 82-8400 rpm. stock clutching is amazingly bad & will hit over 9k rpm. I had good luck using heelclickers; 89a-10,a or 8bu-00 primary weights with about a 45/39 helix.

Back