• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power Claw durometers vs Camoplast

turbo800

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'15 Viper MTX 162 LE w/ MPI 180 turbo
Does anybody know how the Power Claw compares durometer wise to the Camoplast Challenger or Extreme?

I cant see on Yami's site which version of the 2.6" PC is coming on the MTX. Cat offers it in both 80 and 85 duro. The M9000 is coming with the 85, so I would assume the Viper is coming with the same. It (85 duro) seems to be the best all around track from what I've read.

So with that said, what durometer is comparable to the Camoplast on the Doo's?

I hated the Challenger Lite single ply they (Doo) offered on the '07 Summit XRS, it was a chunking motha! The PowderMax was the track to have that year! Little heavier but worth it!

I'm kicking round the idea of changing out the track while the sled is still brand new for a Camo. My hesitation is, they (Camo) only offer the 15 x 162 in the X3 or 2.5" which is also a single ply track! You have to step up to the 174" to get a 2 ply track in a 3.0" pitch.

Hmm, what to do, what do???

The 80 durometer track is standard on most Proclimbs, while the stiffer 85 durometer is standard on HCR models. With that in mind I would assume that the Viper MTX is most likely going to be equipped with the 80 duro track.
I have a 2.6" PC 85 duro on mine and I really like it. Our snow conditions can vary greatly with the snow being more on the wet/heavy side, so it's a very good all around track for where I ride.
If you ride in mostly "dry" deep powder then the softer 80 duro may be the way to go.

Bill

Truly happy with powerclaw 80 duro 2.6. Only reason I went X3 was for the powder traction.

Here in UT, it's mostly all dry and fluffy powder. The only time we see wet heavy snow is in the spring time.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun and should ride it as is, but this track reminds me of the ol attack 20 and the finger track together. While both were ok at best, the never excelled IMO.

Here in UT, it's mostly all dry and fluffy powder. The only time we see wet heavy snow is in the spring time.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun and should ride it as is, but this track reminds me of the ol attack 20 and the finger track together. While both were ok at best, the never excelled IMO.

Try it first, the 2.6 powerclaw really impressed me last year. But then again maybe I am easily impressed. :p

Fair enough...

I'm looking forward to your review of the X3 compared to the PC. It seems UT and CO have similar snow conditions from what I've rode in the past.

What do you think I could sell the 2.6 PC new for vs a year old after the first season?

Fair enough...

I'm looking forward to your review of the X3 compared to the PC. It seems UT and CO have similar snow conditions from what I've rode in the past.

What do you think I could sell the 2.6 PC new for vs a year old after the first season?

Not sure but at this point I do not see any 2.6 used for sale, wanted to buy one for girlfriends Viper she doesn't want to experiment with X3 and she ran a 2.25 powerclaw last year. Probably going to have to buy new, but waiting to see if Cat guys upgrading might have one for sale.

Anybody else notice the 3.0" PC has a slightly different pattern than the 2.6" PC?

Attachments

• 3_0powerclaw.jpg
    3_0powerclaw.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 355
  • 2-60inPowerClaw_2015.png
    2-60inPowerClaw_2015.png
    226 KB · Views: 474
I'll bet u can find it cheaper than retail listed. Honestly i would rather have the X3.

I hope they start making that 3.0 PC! Would be great to have at least 2 options for "Big Lug" tracks.

Back