• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pressure test for leaks

hooper

Expert
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
ZR9000
While waiting for the oilpump I did some pressure test with soapwater on intercooler and carbs.It turned out that there is some serious leaking between the carbs,just where the throttleaxel goes through all carbs.

The Throttleaxel has springs between every carbs and on one place it came a lot of bubbles.It looks like some white plastic gasket there.

I guess I have to disasemble the #$%&* carb rack

Any tips and tricks before I do it?

There was a tread on this subject a few months back. Try make a search, I did but could not find it.

hooper said:
While waiting for the oilpump I did some pressure test with soapwater on intercooler and carbs.It turned out that there is some serious leaking between the carbs,just where the throttleaxel goes through all carbs.

The Throttleaxel has springs between every carbs and on one place it came a lot of bubbles.It looks like some white plastic gasket there.

I guess I have to disasemble the #$%&* carb rack

Any tips and tricks before I do it?

Unfortuneatly there is no getting around that with carbs there will always be some leaking around the shafts.

Ted Jannetty said:
Unfortuneatly there is no getting around that with carbs there will always be some leaking around the shafts.
You mean that its nothing to worry about?When I blow compressed air in the IC it will leak out in two seconds.

The only way I know if is to install tiny piston rings on shafts and hard coat carb bores where shaft rides, really not worth it.

If it is excessive replace the carbs.

Otherwise nothing to worry about.

Back