• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary clutch rattle-knock

LEERIVERNYTRO

Any one hearing a rattle/knock from the primary clutch area of their 09 xtx? Seems to be loudest at idle. Sled has under 2000 miles and warranty just ended in sept.

You know I have been hearing a sort of rattling noise at idle, and wasnt sure if that was normal or not, its not that loud but you can hear for sure

I just had a dealer install a 0.020 shim behind the spyder which I read about on SnoWest. It did not take the rattle away totally but it did make it about 50 percent more quiet. The shim itself is worth a couple of bucks and an hour labor to have it installed.

Most noticeable at idle. You can hear it when starting the engine as well. With the side cover off it is pretty apparent it's from the primary clutch. Not too loud when shutting down.

You would think that Yamaha engineers could develop a clutch that wouldn't sound like my cummins diesel rattling. They make everything else on these machines quiet, exhaust, motor and then they have a rattling ole' clutch?

one more question does your clutch engage at the same rpm all of the time. my mtx had a rattle and didnt engage properly ended up being a bad bushing in the spider but not to bad to fix with the right tooling

To quote another TYER..."If it sounds like a bag of marbles under the left side plastic its normal". Normal for Yamaha's Nytro anyway.

Well dealer confirmed what everyone has been saying, noise is normal. Too bad ... I am sure the rattle has caused lots of people concern. Oh well deffinately not looking for trouble, enough seems to be coming along on its own.

Just bought an 04 warrior with a clutch noise that sounded like the thing was comming apart. It was idleing at 1000 rpm's. Could not change idle cause the jets were plugged. Cleaned the carbs and set the idle at 1600 and I can't hear it at all. Hope this will help others as well.

Back