• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary, is it okay to use, should I machine it, or replace it?

Lovemyyams

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex GT
2002 SX Viper
Hey all, first time posting! I got myself a beautiful but high mileage 2006 apex gt this year for me. Now has 14k on it. So I managed to have an incident with some high speeds and hitting a snow pile and making the first ever Yamaha aircraft. Sled stuck the landing but I did not. When the sled came back down, it must’ve come down hard (I’ve jumped it before but never like this). The cover over the clutches that has the spare belt on it came off at the hinge side and sat on top of my primary while it kept idling while I was running to try and catch it. The sheave closest to the engine got beat up a bit on the top 3/8” of the inside edge. The outer edges of both sheaves got torn up a bit too. It’s only a little rough to the touch, not super smooth like it should be but not gouged out or burred. Do y’all think I should be fine to keep riding with it? Replace it? Machine it? This is my first snowmobile so I only know so much about these things.

Attachments

• 0B729257-AF72-420F-AEBA-B8AF2182C3FE.jpeg
    0B729257-AF72-420F-AEBA-B8AF2182C3FE.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 144

just hit it with a steel sos pad or 220grit sand paper, it should be fine.

Yup, just clean it up. The belt rarely rides up that high anyway.

Back