• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary roller bushing

Yamaha makes a replaceable duralon bushing. Try part# 90380-08221-00

Screenshot_20230516-172257.png

I've also seen these on eBay, which are very well priced, but I've never tried them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516-213229.png
    Screenshot_20230516-213229.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 43
I've also seen these on eBay, which are very well priced, but I've never tried them.
Oh, wow...Well I ordered a couple bushings from Partzilla. And I'll get a set of those, for back ups.
Honestly, nice to have in a pinch!
I have a brand new set of factory rollers @ $225. From Partzilla but didn't want to pound them during testing.
Thanx Fleecer....

Here's my 2 cents.
I am in the same spot as you, went 5500 miles on my stock rollers but checked on them after every trip or ride.
Tried the Torlon fiber bushings, they didn't last but 300-400 miles, and when they go they all go fast, which can also take out your weights.

Somewhere around 8000 miles I lost both rollers and weights. if not caught in time, those bad rollers will cause your weights to roll sideways and take out both the weight and it"s bushings and pins!

On my second set of Gforce 15mm rollers, they went one season, with one of the brass bushing going egg shape. I also had dimple problems on a new set of weights out of a 2022 winder after only 2000-3000 miles. So, in the middle of this season I had to replace those with a set of Dalton QAY70 that I've had hanging around, and that's when I added my second set of G force 15mm. I now have 2 good used G force for next time whereas only one wore EGG Shape.
With all this being said, if and when I change clutches, it will not be another winder clutch, I will do what many have said and install a Nitro Vector Apex style clutch instead.

On another note, on my last ride of the year, and with my newer clutch set up of re-done rollers and empty QAY70 added, I also tried slapping on my SQ 2.5" muffler while still using the MS16 3 bar tune, on that warm last ride. 93 octane but brought some octane booster incase! it ran great, really great but was turning 9300-9400. Finally, too many revs, and that I liked!

Your story sounds all too familiar. I think we'll all be switching the primary out, when we've had enough.
I'm right behind you. Lol.
I really like the idea of changing out the muffler on the MS16 tune. Sideshowbob tried it. And found it to be quite lean.
So....it's like this, if you could find a way to add fuel to the tune, you could probably make it work. But then power would be down.
After all that I have realized last year. I'd probably go to the pm tunes and a good flowing 3" set up.
In the end, traction seems to be the hardest piece of the puzzle to find, when looking at maximum effort, from the dig.

Idk.... haha

Unless you have closed-loop, you can add fuel to any tune by installing an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and turning up fuel pressure.

Unless you have closed-loop, you can add fuel to any tune by installing an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and turning up fuel pressure.
Agree....but in my case, it's probably better to click to the PM tunes then to try and squeeze the stock muffler tunes.

I believe the G-force rollers come with an installation/removal tool. Mine did.
I went back to G-force components last year and my S/W with an RX-1 clutch.
I was running a different set up from everyone here set up with good results.

I believe the G-force rollers come with an installation/removal tool. Mine did.
I went back to G-force components last year and my S/W with an RX-1 clutch.
I was running a different set up from everyone here set up with good results.
They come with their own fiber washers, thinner than stock and black in color.

They also don't fit in the older yamaha clutches.
They only fit the sidewinder clutch.

The g force rollers are wider with thin washers on each end.
The Yamaha sidewinder rollers fit the older clutches. But the washers are thick on the sidewinder clutch. So the Apex ,Nytro style clutches have thinner washers and have a narrower mount in the spider.

The g force rollers are wider with thin washers on each end.
The Yamaha sidewinder rollers fit the older clutches. But the washers are thick on the sidewinder clutch. So the Apex ,Nytro style clutches have thinner washers and have a narrower mount in the spider.
It's one of those shake your head moments at Yamaha's logic. They make more room for a larger roller(which is needed), but then use wider washers with the same old rollers.
:rolleyes:

Yes and then the thicker sidewinder weights start to ride on the washers when the bushing get some wear on them.

Back