• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro-action to mono conversion

yamaha1973

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper XTX SE
I recently purchased a 2006 Attak suspension to replace the Pro-action in my Warrior. Wondering for you guys out there who have done the swap, what brackets do I need? What are the measurements for the new holes? The only kind of brackets that I received are the front-outer triangle brackets...

Any info you guys would have would be great!

PS I did a search already but the only info I can find is for 121" suspensions, and the 136 is a little different

Buddies think about doing the same . I know instructions are in here somewhere any help or if someone could repost link that be great !!!

I would think that the front bracket measurements would be the same and the rear would only be a couple of inches different. Put the 2 side by side and check it. ;)!

I converted an 03 using the Bender Mono. I'll look for the instructions. I remember there were some billet rail parts for the slide rails. Also some wheel relocations and mounts for those. I think you can find pieces from sled stripers now. I'll post back if I find anything.

You need the Mono front mounts they line up with existing rivet holes in the tunnel it is as easy as pie. You need a hole saw to cut in the opening for the dial adjuster on the left sid of tunnel but other than that its easy. If you have air buy a pnuemtatic rivet gun the for the heavy duty rivets.

I looked for the Bender instructions, but must have thrown them out. To use the 03 rails and parts, there were stiffeners, wheel adapter brackets to relocate them, new rail bumpers, and misc nuts/bolts. The kit came with Yamaha OEM swing arms and bushings. They had a really nice Penske shock with a duel spring set up. It rides better than my 05 RX-1, maybe as good as my Apex GT.

If your still interested in some sort of retro, I can take some pictures.

As Yamadog mentioned, a pneumatic pop rivet gun, there are a lot of rivets.

For my 2003 RX-1 , which would you get M-10 or bender mono. It's a 121 skid and wife drives it now.

I've done the Pro Action to Mono swap and have some pictures / instructions if anyone still needs it. Sorry I missed the post first time around.

For the 121" skids the Mono gives a way better ride IMO. I've never had a sore back since the swap, it handles rough trails much better. I've heard that the longer Pro Action (136"?) was a better skid but I've never tried it.

YammyRX1 said:
For the 121" skids the Mono gives a way better ride IMO. I've never had a sore back since the swap, it handles rough trails much better. I
've heard that the longer Pro Action (136"?) was a better skid but I've never tried it.
He has a 2004 Warrior. Only has a 136"

YammyRX1 said:
I've done the Pro Action to Mono swap and have some pictures / instructions if anyone still needs it. Sorry I missed the post first time around.
I would love to have the info. on the swap. I am considering it for next year!
Thanks

Back