• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"New" sled, first Sidewinder

Also I'd like,to add to the above suggestions the BOP tunnel hose protectors and keep an eye on the primary clutch rollers. The rollers should rotate on the pin and not be oblong rotating, and loosely rotate. Some heavy duty secondary clutch rollers also.
Enjoy your new sled they really are pretty amazing.

Also I'd like,to add to the above suggestions the BOP tunnel hose protectors and keep an eye on the primary clutch rollers. The rollers should rotate on the pin and not be oblong rotating, and loosely rotate. Some heavy duty secondary clutch rollers also.
Enjoy your new sled they really are pretty amazing.
I'm developing quite the shopping cart at BOP! Will have to spread some of these out I think haha!

Nice sled.
I would say don't read too much, go out and ride that thing and have fun.
This site is awesome for helping with problems and finding solutions for known issues.
You can also read so much you go into some sort of " information paralysis " thinking everything is going to break.
There are a few "must check " items IMHO. Secondary and primary rollers are an easy check. Upper gear bushing and replacement/improvement @2500 miles. All the rest I would pick away at off season, IF any of them even become an issue.

Nice sled.
I would say don't read too much, go out and ride that thing and have fun.
This site is awesome for helping with problems and finding solutions for known issues.
You can also read so much you go into some sort of " information paralysis " thinking everything is going to break.
There are a few "must check " items IMHO. Secondary and primary rollers are an easy check. Upper gear bushing and replacement/improvement @2500 miles. All the rest I would pick away at off season, IF any of them even become an issue.
This site scared the hell out of me. Lol. But 4 years later on my xtx and working on my second season on my srx I haven’t had any problems at all.

This site scared the hell out of me. Lol. But 4 years later on my xtx and working on my second season on my srx I haven’t had any problems at all.
I agree, but I don't think it's the amount of problems or issues some people have with there sleds, it's the number of posts and the amazing help that we get from the members and Ty team. The second someone has a question or an issue, almost every member on this site jumps in with there suggestions to help out and get that person back on the trails riding. It can turn into 100pages in no time. Hell you get members even offering parts. You rarely get that on other forums. This site is a wealth of information and everyone here is knowledgable and incredibly respectful and helpful.
You have guys like Travis at BOP, Tom the CEO of TY, Steve aka Cannondale, Vx1r, knappattack,Stain, to name a few,and just about every single other member on this site that give suggestions for a fix or there experience for an improvement.

Get the belt guard / belly pan saver from BOP. If you ever did blow a belt and take out that plastic God only knows when you would find a replacement piece. I have the exact same sled and my top bushing was toast at 3000 miles. I think a person should always have a new one ready to go. Also use the high temp never seize on the turbo bolts. Breaking one of them off would be a day - wrecker. And like everyone says keep an eye on both clutches. Overfill the chain case oil too. Can't hurt.

If you leave the engine/power stock, you can drive these sleds til 6000 miles with basically no maintenance

I have always been surprised the SW guys don't try the stock cat skis. Granted they come in black but when equipped with dual carbides they do a great job and they are in inexpensive when compared to the aftermarket stuff. I tried a set of the popular "Curve" Skis and went back to stock Acat skis after a couple of rides.

I have always been surprised the SW guys don't try the stock cat skis. Granted they come in black but when equipped with dual carbides they do a great job and they are in inexpensive when compared to the aftermarket stuff. I tried a set of the popular "Curve" Skis and went back to stock Acat skis after a couple of rides.
I find the skidoo pilot skis are the best all around ski for these sleds. The stock cat skis work ok, I actually like the curves better than the stock cat skis, but they definitely aren’t worth the price they cost. If you have a chance to try pilots they do everything better than the cat ski IMO.

I find the skidoo pilot skis are the best all around ski for these sleds. The stock cat skis work ok, I actually like the curves better than the stock cat skis, but they definitely aren’t worth the price they cost. If you have a chance to try pilots they do everything better than the cat ski IMO.
My pilots are working even better this year. Switched to Woodys 8 inch ace bar in the center. The flat sided runners work great in all conditions.

That was my initial thought as well, scared to death that I bought a lemon and had to immediately replace 75% of the components to avoid a catastrophe!

I appreciate you sharing your experience, I have since taken two trips Up Nort and have had zero issues with the sled. So far I like the C&A's and imagine I will like them even more once I get the Sniper Double Down carbides installed. This sled screams down groomed trails, a guy in my group is still convinced that his 2011 Apex is just as good as the winders. Even though he won't admit it, I was leaving him in the dust all day :)!

I agree, but I don't think it's the amount of problems or issues some people have with there sleds, it's the number of posts and the amazing help that we get from the members and Ty team. The second someone has a question or an issue, almost every member on this site jumps in with there suggestions to help out and get that person back on the trails riding. It can turn into 100pages in no time. Hell you get members even offering parts. You rarely get that on other forums. This site is a wealth of information and everyone here is knowledgable and incredibly respectful and helpful.
You have guys like Travis at BOP, Tom the CEO of TY, Steve aka Cannondale, Vx1r, knappattack,Stain, to name a few,and just about every single other member on this site that give suggestions for a fix or there experience for an improvement.
Agreed, this site brings a wealth of knowledge I could not have hoped to obtain on my own!

Get the belt guard / belly pan saver from BOP. If you ever did blow a belt and take out that plastic God only knows when you would find a replacement piece. I have the exact same sled and my top bushing was toast at 3000 miles. I think a person should always have a new one ready to go. Also use the high temp never seize on the turbo bolts. Breaking one of them off would be a day - wrecker. And like everyone says keep an eye on both clutches. Overfill the chain case oil too. Can't hurt.
I was looking at the belt guard, I just got their Drive Shaft saver and could install that at the same time. I have yet to blow a belt but have only put on around 500 miles so far. Is the belly pan saver difficult to install? I remember reading within the RockerDan build thread that there are a few additional holes that need to be drilled? Is this the best option for an aftermarket belt guard?

Clutch rollers are good so far, will keep an eye on them and replace with Thunder Products rollers if I notice any issues.

Here is my short list of projects that I hope to complete before next season:
BOP Drive Shaft Saver
Anti-Seize on the muffler bolts
DMC top gear
Secure Chain Tensioner screws
Tunnel hose protectors
Hurricane cross shaft
BOP tunnel reinforcement

Back