• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

prograhmer fuel mileage

It's a really a hard question to answer due to all the variables, including Mapping, add-ons, driver style and temps. I'm running a PCV and sometimes it appears I'm getting better mileage, some times I think I have a hole in the tank. What's lighter a Ton of feathers or a Ton of lead?

^I see what you did there :)

I have the full exhaust kit and PCV . I burn one liter more fuel then the neighbor in the same distance riding a groomed trail. The difference is I am usually full throttle and he is doing the trail cruising thing. He is always a mile or more behind. For the extra liter it's not bad. I still get 12.5 mpg on average. I think he is getting 14 mpg average. It's better then any 2 stroke I have owned and more fun.

dubweiser said:
I get like 90 mile to a tank....full hindle/pc5/auto tune/tune/airbox mod

xtx 1.75

I have the same mods as you on an RTX with stock track and my mileage has not changed at all. I put 95 miles on and still had 7 litres of fuel in the tank

my light comes on at 100mi, added a hair over 5 gallons to get the sled full again..my wife does not have a pc5 or a k&n set up..everything else is the same on the two nytros, had to add bit over 6 gallons to her nytro to get it full.. so, I am seeing better fuel milage but not by large amount.. maybe be an extra 15-20 miles out of a tank..I rode this past sunday, did 124 miles and still had fuel left the light was on for the last 24mi..I have not filled back up to see how much i used..
I think trail conditions really play a big roll in fuel milage on sleds..

Trail conditions are everything I don't see the fuel accelerators making a huge difference depending on how nuts you go on the mods. But just the standard full exhaust and intake I think youll be good. I have seen as good as 19.8 mpg and as poor as 12 mpg on my nytro and it was all trail conditions and riding style.

this is where i think it gets interesting..dont quote me on any of this, just going by stuff i have read..and the internet isnt always true..but i have read the the nytro runs fat mid rpm, which to me is cruzing speeds say around 50-60mph. so the pc5 fuel map is leaned out in the mid rpm range..so in my above statement when i am riding with my wife and we ride the same trail and the same miles but i have more fuel left, about a gallon...now my wife rides good, and has zero problems holding it to the bar on a straight.. she hit 97mph sunday on a straight..but she does mostly run in that 50-60mph range for longer periods.. so in that 50-60mph range she is running a little fat with the fuel (using more fuel based on the factory tune) where i am leaned out a bit using less with a pc5 tune???i dont know if that makes any sense..its just a shot in the dark..

Sunday did a couching it trail ride on pretty much glare ice. Everything that matters is stock, except maybe DuPont slides and a trail tank. Best mileage I ever got, 100 miles and 3 bars left on the gauge. I estimate just over 20mpg. Driving slow is the best thing you can do to improve fuel economy. I would rather be getting 12 mpg.

jonnytro said:
So I guess what u r saying is it is all how u drive it lol :Rockon:
This is so true!
We went for a ride tonight and the misses took my nytro, shed used half the fuel I normally use for the same ride.

RIGIDONE said:
my light comes on at 100mi, added a hair over 5 gallons to get the sled full again..my wife does not have a pc5 or a k&n set up..everything else is the same on the two nytros, had to add bit over 6 gallons to her nytro to get it full.. so, I am seeing better fuel milage but not by large amount.. maybe be an extra 15-20 miles out of a tank..I rode this past sunday, did 124 miles and still had fuel left the light was on for the last 24mi..I have not filled back up to see how much i used..
I think trail conditions really play a big roll in fuel milage on sleds..

124 miles! I really need to slow down!

:Rockon: :Rockon:

Back