• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Prototype spindles for 08 Nytro

mdittel77

Country
USA
Snowmobile
1999 srx 600
2000 sxr 600
2008 nytro
I purchased a 08 Nytro several years ago and I was told by the previous owner that it has a factory prototype front suspension. I have been happy with the suspension but now I have ovaled out the ski mounting hole and I am afraid I might loose a ski while riding. Has anyone seen a spindle like this, know how to get replacements, or know of a repair method?

Thanks
a1-f1-m20437-845046e1-578d-44c8-9ae6-1fd591d1b352.jpg
a1-f1-m20437-c95bf603-ccf3-459d-b0ca-0b80b5ebcbd4.jpg

New one on me. Your suspension is unlike any other I've seen. But, are you sure the existing spindle cannot be repaired? Could we get some photos of the front subframe? If its a standard subframe, getting new arms and spindles will not be crazy expensive.

I have those spindles. I received them with a bunch of other parts when I bought my race front end for my Nytro. You must also have the race front end on your Nytro?

yes, I have the race front end. Do you know if the bulkhead was changed? If I can't get replacement spindles can I buy new control arms and spindles? I do love the setup and would like to keep it if possible.

Yep that’s what I did. I had some type of bimetal bushing pressed into the bottom hole on the spindle. ZX4ever is right, take it to a machine shop & they can point you in the right direction. The race front end consists of different subframe, upper & lower A arms, spindles, sway bay linkages & tie rods.

Parts are hard to come by with this front end unless of course a TY member has parts they’re willing to sell. I would salvage what you got. Also those large balljoints in the spindle are Skidoo if you ever have to replace them.

I took my spindle apart tonight and gave it a good look over. I caught the problem in time. Some bushings and a little machine work will take care of it. Thanks for the input

No problem. Huge improvement over stock front end.

Looks similar to the JRE spindle, lower "A" arm mounting point is lower than stock, steering tie rod mount is also lower to cope with bump steer issues on stock unit.

Imagine if Yamaha had offered the Nytro with this front end to the consumer. The Nytro may still be alive in the Yamaha line-up to this day?!

It’s pretty amazing what a stretched wheelbase and better front end geometry does to this platform. It’s really too bad Yammy didn’t make this sled what they should have. I’m certainly not ready to give mine up yet, in fact I might build another one.

Thats the race front end, I can help possibly I did a lot of those kits and raced them
Are you saying you have extra A-arms and such...?

Back