• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Putting in a tether...how do you do it?

kingtut

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex
So I bought this apex and the guy had put a tether on it but never hooked it up into the ignition switch. Which of the 4 wires(red, red/white, brown, brown/white) do I splice into? No where i have looked says where to splice into and only who has what tether. i hope to make it so this thread solves that question.

Looks about right for what I am seeing in the manual. the wire goes right into the kill switch. Thanks!

You need to know if it is a normally open switch, or a normally closed switch, makes a difference on how it is wired

So i spliced into the brown ignition wire and tested the continuity. I have it when the key is on the ON and START but not the OFF. It also has it when the tether is pulled off, so i have no idea if this thing is going to work or not. I can't just start up the sled until I have the chain case put back on. Do I have this hooked up right?

I see the term closed tether but i don't really know what it means. How do you check if it is one? I presume it is since the guy put it on the sled but just didn't hook it up. Heck the guy turbos a sled every year, I hope he knows that tether works on the sled.

Back