• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pyrometer vs air fuel ratio guage / turbo

I do have a air/fuel ratio gauge that is led lite I haven't tried it but I would think that you would be able to see it in the day time. It is made by Stewart Warner Performance www.sw-performacne.com it is availble silver face with silver bezel p/n 114285 white facew/ black bezel p/n 114902 black face w/ silver bezel p/n 114900 email me if you want pricing[/img]

I have an Auto meter air fuel led on my turbo. When the sun is behind you its darn hard to see! I'm going to make a little visor for it. Other than that it works great. ATM 4775

Air fuel gauages are sweet. I've never heard of one that will with stand leaded fuel. I've run leaded fuel and my sensor is still working but I'm not sure if it's hurt it.

If you use 93 pre-unleaded you will not have a problem. Our air/fuel gauge has 4 red led (for lean status) 10 yellow leds(stoichiomteric) 6 green leds(rich).

Were do you guys tune for trail riding according to your gage. I will try to keep in the mid to high yellow area. Maybe even into the green.

Jetsrx,
I love being on the edge!! LOL acually, i agree i should be a little richer.

I have a new Tison front mount turbo that has not yet been installed. I was thinking of installing an A/F ratio sensor. I have not purchased one yet. Would I install it in the header pipe just before turbo or in exhaust pipe exiting turbo?? Would I be better off with a traditional EGT sensor? Thanks.

I have a Auto meter C2 o2 gauge and a Water temp gauge as well. I spent about 450.00 on these gauges

I'll sell them for 250.00 if your interested. They are sweet.

I agree lots of fuel!!! Acually at WOT it does run in the green. I did say when trail riding. There is no doubt that i'm running lean in the mid thou. Hate like hell to see it lock up tighter than a nuns snapper!! :moon:

I don't think a four stroke will sieze like a two. If it runs lean in the bottom or mids,not in boost, won't it just start working bad poping and back fireing and run shitty for quite awile before damage ocurrs. The first thing comes to mind is a exhaust valve burning the edge off. Or I'm I wrong.

Back