• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quebec trail conditions

I'm thinking of goin up to Quebec for The free trail pass weekend and would like to know how the trails are like in around the Shawville and lac st Marie areas.
Thanks

some friends told me that st.donat area is the best its been in years..around here they suck..but just north of laval the snow starts..so just make a line at that point and pick a spot north to ride..lol...rode from ile bizard to the border of ontario..pretty thin and lacking snow..not enough to fill the holes in the trails..so you have some pretty rough spots.
south of quebec city is ok too..

I just got back yesterday. We stayed in Berthersville QC. It was unbeleivable! we did 574 miles in 2 and a half days. South of Berthersville I would say they had a good 8" but Berthersville and north i would guess 24" of perfect snow. On the way up we did not see snow until Plattsberg and they only had a few inches.

Just returned from a 6 day trip to Quebec. Starting in Quebec City six of us headed north to Roberval, then around Lac Saint Jean to Jonquiere, back up to Monts Vain, down and across the river by ferry at Tadoussac,back up to La Baie, down trails 383 and 83 spending a night at the castle and returning to Quebec City the following day. Very little sled traffic, snow cover 1 1/2 feet to 3-5 feet in mountains. Trails all excellent, scenery fantastic. Only problem was a couple frozen relays on third day.If you are thinking about heading North, now would be a great time to go.

My wife took some pictures and has them posted on screen at work. If / when I get them back I will share. Limited pictures on two days; temps between -10 and -20 and cameras would not work.

She traded up from a 2006 Vector to a 2012 Vector ltx. Interesting to listen to her comments as the trip progressed. First day she did not like the higher bars and seating postion; next two days she went through a quiet bonding experience and the last three she had nothing but postives to say about the sled.

Anyone have an opinion on how they think trails will be like in St.Donat next week, first of March timeframe?? Thinking on going for a few days. How long is it from Lake Oureau to black Mntn lookout and also to the town from same lake? Thanks.

Hi shawnj
St-Donat have great snow condition right now with plenty of snow to the ground. I would just watch the weather because there are not so good forecast for the end of the week... I'm not too worried but let's wait and see...

The Ouareau lake is just east from archambeault lake. The trail does not pass on it like the Archambealt like but pass around it so for the distance, it really depend from where you are around the lake...

I left you this link to the interactive trail map:

http://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/map

In the upper right corner, click on the "custom itinerary" button. It will open a page where you can put your green start icon and your red end icon on th map and it will show you the distance in km. just divide by 1,609 to have it in miles.

The link I left can also give you alot more information from the trail conditions to accomodation and alot more...

Have a great trip :Rockon:

Alain

Alain hope your getting lots of time on your sled...I just got back from gaspesie and rode for 12 days in untracked powder...lol...I have only rode down there this year..going this thursday to st-donat...so will post what I see...they should get 10 plus centemeters wedsday...we will see...and more snow for friday..watch the weather..

Thanks for the link. Looks good. I think we are staying between Lake Ouareau and Lac Croche. So, I wonder if the locals have a trail/short cut into St.Donat on the lake for gas.

quebecmoutainrider said:
Alain hope your getting lots of time on your sled...I just got back from gaspesie and rode for 12 days in untracked powder...lol...I have only rode down there this year..going this thursday to st-donat...so will post what I see...they should get 10 plus centemeters wedsday...we will see...and more snow for friday..watch the weather..

Happy to read that you had big time sledding. Gaspesie is very nice but also pretty far...

small season for me by now, only 2000 miles done but some more ahead for sure. We just started later then usual and rode only once a week, we try to plan a 4 days trip for the beginning of march. They should received some new snow on St-Donat tomorroy friday as well as here in the south of Lanaudiere. All the rain forecast turn into snow, around 4" to 6" :-o

Take care :Rockon:

Alain

you are going to get lots today.lol..and gaspesie 20-30+cm in the mountains...yes been ridding the yam and RMK..powder last week everyday new tracks..deepest was 3 feet..lol..now we have 6-7 feet up high..you have to come one day Alain..its far.but nice..bought a place there..lol..going back this weekend..hope your out in the snow sat..going to be fun for you.Ionly come home for the wife..hahaha..ok me too..jack

Im sure they will change that..my friends rode there yesterday and said it was amzzing..just when we dont get snow the trails in town get really thin for snow and cooling..the parks are all gravel roads so its good till the very end..still lots of snow.

Back