• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowmobiling in Quebec

jaydaniels

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder RTX
Just wondering peoples opinions on sledding in Quebec. Looking at a 4 day trip. Trying to decide between the Gaspe area or Quebec city area. Any pros and cons of either would be appreciated. I've done the Gaspe region a couple times and loved it. But was considering trying a different area. We leave from Point a' la' Croix in Quebec so left takes us towards Quebec City and right towards Gaspe. Thanks.

i did a 3 day loop this winter starting in vill marie then to valdor and to rouyn noranda then back to ville marie. was about 850km awesome trails, might be a bit of a drive to start for you

If you haven't ridden west much, I would suggest that you ride towards Rimouski. This is about 300 km and if conditions are good, you can take a few secondary trails out of Amqui to make it longer. The next day you run the north shore into Mont Saint-Pierre 373 Km. Next day you ride through Murdochville down to Chandler, around 200 Km but you could backtrack towards Perce to get to 300. Last day would be Chandler to Point-a-la-Croix, 332 Km. This schedule gives you some wiggle room for unforeseen weather.
The south side of the St. Laurence is very scenic and the lookout at. Mont-Saint-Pierre is breathtaking. I would suggest that you make reservations and try to get going early each morning getting to your destination by 4, as it cools off-fast at sunset.

In 2020 we rode 3 days in New Brunswick out of Campbellton. The trails around there were better than Ontario but not as good as Quebec.

There is nice riding from the outskirts of Quebec CIty and ride into the Saugenay area.
I would spend some time on the phone to make sure hotels, restaurants and gas stations are open.
Covid has left a number of places, closed or with altered hours.

I have spent most of my time up in Rouyn, Valdor, Lasarre area. Great trails & fast running. Some of the most athletic trails i have ever ridden. Not boring point and shoot trails. Taking corners at speed, changing direction at 60 mph is mind blowing - and doing it safely because the trails are typically 2-3 groomer widths wide, with shoulders and they are really well marked.

Its not like riding in the Muskokas where you are risking your life every corner because of tight trails bordered by hardwoods and crazy cottagers looking for death and destruction every saturday and sunday.
MS

In 2020 we rode 3 days in New Brunswick out of Campbellton. The trails around there were better than Ontario but not as good as Quebec.
That was my finding as well. The scenery in Gaspe is amazing.

There is nice riding from the outskirts of Quebec CIty and ride into the Saugenay area.
I would spend some time on the phone to make sure hotels, restaurants and gas stations are open.
Covid has left a number of places, closed or with altered hours.

I have spent most of my time up in Rouyn, Valdor, Lasarre area. Great trails & fast running. Some of the most athletic trails i have ever ridden. Not boring point and shoot trails. Taking corners at speed, changing direction at 60 mph is mind blowing - and doing it safely because the trails are typically 2-3 groomer widths wide, with shoulders and they are really well marked.

Its not like riding in the Muskokas where you are risking your life every corner because of tight trails bordered by hardwoods and crazy cottagers looking for death and destruction every saturday and sunday.
MS

X2
I like "most athletic trails" comment.
Well put Sev!

Very good still.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220325_123506_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325_123506_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 145
This picture is from the highest point(1170 meters) on our trip. This was in the clouds, which is something I have never done done before(aside from being on an airplane.)
We rode yesterday morning from Rimouski back to the truck in Rivieres du loup, loaded at eleven am and drove straight home non stop, was home at eleven last night. Was a very enjoyable trip, scenery was awesome, Quebec people are very friendly. A few minor breaks, but nothing major.
Some sections of trail are twisty for long stretches, and I was thinking how nice it would have been if the 22 GT I ordered had come in.
There are plenty of long stretches also, but the high average speeds of the trails north of Timmins cannot be done here(but close).
Overall I loved it and highly recommend this area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220329_093232_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20220329_093232_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Back