• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question about 2007 Venture Lite

Joshua

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX LE 50TH
Ok I justed picked up a used 2007 Venture Lite with 1600km on it. The question I have is, I have notice when the sled is either warmed up or cold if I stab the throttle it sounds like it floods/ bogs and then rev's up. If I keep stabbing it, it almost starts to backfire. Is this normal?

Are you feathering it? Like on - off - on - off and it sounds like its stumbling?

I'm pretty much hammering it to the bar. Not sure about the gas, I guess I could drain it off and see what happens. If it is the gas wouldn't I have a light on?

Joshua said:
I'm pretty much hammering it to the bar. Not sure about the gas, I guess I could drain it off and see what happens. If it is the gas wouldn't I have a light on?

If you are just hammering it to the bar I would suspect the gas is bad. drain the tank and fill with new gas. Try running some sea-foam in it also.

What is the purpose of sea foam? I just drain the gas, it's alittle better but nothing like my apex. Where can I get sea foam in Canada?

Joshua said:
What is the purpose of sea foam? I just drain the gas, it's alittle better but nothing like my apex. Where can I get sea foam in Canada?

Seafoam can be bought at Napa. Try just changing out the gas first.

Seafoam cleans out the fuel system.

Joshua said:
Ok I justed picked up a used 2007 Venture Lite with 1600km on it. The question I have is, I have notice when the sled is either warmed up or cold if I stab the throttle it sounds like it floods/ bogs and then rev's up. If I keep stabbing it, it almost starts to backfire. Is this normal?
Nice to have another VL owner on TY. Sounds like a fuel problem as that is not normal for the engine. Did you get a good deal? - That is very low Km on a 2007. I'm thinking I should try that Seafoam stuff in my Honda 50Hp Outboard as it also bogs at low throttle and then is fine - in any case it shouldn't hurt any.
BTW, Seafoam seems to be the recommended fuel system cleaner on here - is it that stuff much better than the other brands?

I'm going to pick up some sea foam and give it a try. Is there problems that the 2007 is known for? or just venture lite is general.

I have not herd of any problems like this with VL or 07.

Use fresh gas with the seafoam not just the seafoam.

Joshua said:
I'm going to pick up some sea foam and give it a try. Is there problems that the 2007 is known for? or just venture lite is general.
Might want to check your VIN # with a dealer to see what updates have been done on yours or what is needed. I'm not sure the scoop on '07 issues/updates but there was a lot posted on here earlier re updates. The biggest issue I had was tunnel icing due to the under tunnel exhaust but I conquered that one (post on here as well) - may not be an issue for you if not riding in colder temps. The other stuff mostly is replacing plastic bushings once they wear out, etc, with better aftermarket stuff, and the stock skis with something more substantial (personal preference of course). You'll find lots of info on here re reverse issues as well, and there were upgrades on that. Overall, the VL has proven to be very reliable with 12,000Km in 4 seasons.
all the best,

Ok I have changed the gas and I have added Sea Foam. If I feather the throttle everything is fine. But if I quickly hammer the throttle it will either shut off, backfire or make a flooding sound and then rev up. I'm starting to think this is normal. Do anybody have any idea whats on the go?

HAve you driven the sled at all??? these little 500's have to be warm, and if i do this to the wifes it can spit and stumble a wee bit... once warm and have driven a bit goes right away... Kinda reminds me of my 1100 virago, can't blip the throttle too much under low RPM as it will stumble and cough...

I truely beleive its the twin cylinder design... and unlike a 2 stroke that fires every other stroke, its a 4-stroke.

Back