• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question about Pressures

I am new to this turbo stuff, but so far I am really enjoying. Best mod I have ever done.

I have a question about pressures, I am shooting for about 11-12psi on an MCX240 with manual boost adjustment so I should set this based on some full throttle runs right? But sometimes I see higher pressures when accelerating from lower pressures, should I be concerned if pressure over shoots during these times. Also what is a safe A/F ratio for wide open? I am seeing below 11 and it doesn't seen to pull good when WFO, am I way too rich?

Thanks
NB

Northernboy said:
I am new to this turbo stuff, but so far I am really enjoying. Best mod I have ever done.

I have a question about pressures, I am shooting for about 11-12psi on an MCX240 with manual boost adjustment so I should set this based on some full throttle runs right? But sometimes I see higher pressures when accelerating from lower pressures, should I be concerned if pressure over shoots during these times. Also what is a safe A/F ratio for wide open? I am seeing below 11 and it doesn't seen to pull good when WFO, am I way too rich?

Thanks
NB

At WOT A/F should be around 11.5 - 11.8

You will be fine when boost is slightly higher during acceleration. Just make sure you have the right octane and A/F ranges.

yeah, lots of turbo setups get spikes when you take off, its just the nature of the boost controllers on most. nothing to worry about thought..

althought that does sound a bit rich on yours. you will definately notice a gain in power by getting it up into the high 11's, when your down in the 10's it wont run crisp and i guarantee it wont sound nearly as snappy on top.

On full throttle for 3-5 seconds, depending on MBC you may encounter spikes in pressure. Does it spike for a split second and fall back? How high does it spike?

Idle 14.5 AFR
Engagement 13.5 AFR
0 lbs boost 13.0 AFR
5 lbs boost 12.5 AFR
10 lbs and over 11.8-12.0 AFR

Thanks for all the responces.

I will check again but I believe it spikes and comes right down. I will also take some fuel out of the top end to get my A/F in the upper 11s.

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried the PCV Autotune on boost. Right now I have the PCV installed to fine tune the stock injectors, just thinking the Autotune will take alot of guess work out of it.

Thanks
NB

I personally do not like the autotune. Just bring down the percentage at WOT on your PCV. What mapping are you using? If you use the switch to the lower boost map, the A/F ratio at wide open throttle will be good. I'm guessing your using the map for the 14PSI causing it to be way to rich....

Triplerev, I am using the low boost map and still a little rich but not a big deal, I have been bringing it down a little at a time. I guess different engines/setups work differently. Still enjoying the boost, don't really need WTO most of the time :Rockon:

Back